Anyone bought a discount glock on the first responder deal?

Discussion in 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting' started by Turner1, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Turner1

Turner1 Registered Member

I have been hearing about these deals where Glock sells a discounted models to first responders. Law enforcement, Fire department, EMT's can get the discount on a letterhead. I understand how a LEO could get the discount but how do EMT's and firemen get it being that they don't carry a gun on the job.

2. 613jmm

613jmm U. S. Military

Glock made a list of FIRST RESPONDERS they extended the deal to. The stipulation was never that they carry a gun on duty, it was simply a show of appreciation for being FIRST RESPONDERS.

3. iaijunki62

iaijunki62 Registered Member

Glock offers it through their HEROS program. I assume it's an adjunct of the individual officer purchase program, as the guns available are earmarked with the "Blue Label" law enforcement serial numbers.

http://shooterssupply.org/glockheroprogram.asp

This website gives a basic overview of the program requirements. A quick google search did not offer an official Glock webpage for the program, but those are the terms of the deal. It just requires a little extra paperwork and a photo ID.

I don't know where you can find a dealer that offers the program on the eastern end of the state. You'll just have to check with your local retailers. Not all Glock dealers have the ability to offer this discount as they are LEO pistols. You'll have to contact your retailer about what they'll individually require.

4. JohnnyB

JohnnyB New Member

Per the glock website

5. ncspeedsix

ncspeedsix Registered Member

"or College students with proof of enrollment in a Criminal Justice Program."
    I guess that helps to explain how so many college athletes can afford to buy firearms.

6. Turner1

Turner1 Registered Member

I qualify and happen to be in the market for one.

7. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

I wish S&W would do something like this. They have a $50 rebate for active, retired, or disabled military, but I think they should extend a similar deal for emergency services too.

S&W could not only make a lot more sales, but as an American company, it's a great image for publicity.

8. Gadgetguy1288

Gadgetguy1288 C-130 Puddle Pirate

They used to offer a 40% discount on any of the M&P line to LEO/Mil(Active or retired)

Did they stop?

9. twofocused

twofocused Member

You can take advantage of this deal at Lawmens in Raleigh. $398 for Glock or M&P or $40 more for night sights.

10. G-lock

G-lock New Member

Lawmans has a place in charlotte at 77and clanton Rd. They have the Leo discount and they also do the GSSF discount. Same thing as the Raleigh store. Last time I was in they had LEO turn ins G22 $349.

11. Zbizzle911

Zbizzle911 Member

does the lawmens s&w deal apply to firmen too like the glock deal? Ive got a G23 I want to get rid of and get a MP40c. also I have bought one on the LEO program. Its a nice thing they do for first reponders.

12. twofocused

twofocused Member

The copy and pasted portion above says fire/ems so I guess your good. Good luck with getting rid of a Glock. As soon as you sell it you'll want it back.

13. bojeffnc

bojeffnc Registered Member

Timberlake, North Carolina, United States
    You can also get LE Glocks at Powers Firearms in Greensboro, NC at 2304 Jane Street

14. Bryant

Bryant New Member

SC residents can go to Lawman's in Columbia, just down the road from the SCCJA for the LE Glocks.