DCWC Pistol Tuesdays...anyone else want to go?

Discussion in 'Shooting Sports & Competitions' started by Slacker, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Slacker

Slacker U. S. Military

I used to attend regularly but frequent travel interfered, I'm looking to get started again. It's right by RDU airport and entry fee is $5.00. Follow the link to the rules and such. It's a lot of fun and excellent practice for folks who CCW. C'mon, I know a bunch of you live close. I'm in Durham. If you've never shot an IDPA type match before this is a great place to start.
    All stock guns, revolver and auto's. Draw from belt holster.
    http://www.dcwc.net/Tuesday evenings.html

2. bahamacop

bahamacop New Member

I used to shoot it fairly regularly in the spring, but life has gotten in the way. There' some good shooters up there, it's good for some trigger time, and they pay out, which is a plus. I'm just not a big fan of some of the IDPA rules. Good group of guys out there, not a bad little four stage match.

3. clyde621

clyde621 Guest

I was a member some 8 years ago. Work changed and I let my membership lapse. Life has changed and I would like to get back into the shooting sports. I think I will come out this tuesday Oct. 28 and give it a try hope some members will show up. :)

4. Slacker

Slacker U. S. Military

I'm on business travel this week so I won't make it Tuesday. However, the following Tuesday I'll be there.

5. lockmup68

lockmup68 Registered Member

it says on site only through Oct. Is this week last week for the year?

6. Bruce333

Bruce333 Registered Member

???I'm not seeing that, says 'year round' where I'm reading (linked page and the main page).

I've been thinking of going. Fella on another forum has started going and it sounds like fun. $5 is the cheapest entry fee I've ever seen! Unfortunately the next 2 Tues. are out for me.

7. lockmup68

lockmup68 Registered Member

you are right. I was looking at something else. Sorry for my confusion. That does sound like fun and is really cheap too. I'll have to make it out soon.

Question, do you have to complete the safety class before competing? Or is that a requirement of full time members only?

8. Slacker

Slacker U. S. Military

No safety class required to shoot the IDPA matches. Just a RO and a bunch of very cautious shooters.

9. Spaker

Spaker Registered Member

I've been planning to check this out for months, but my schedule just hasn't worked out so I could go. I think this coming Tuesday might be the day, though. Maybe I'll see some of you out there.
    -chris

10. Slacker

Slacker U. S. Military

I'm deer hunting tonight so I won't be at the match.