Good, productive day today

Discussion in 'Firearms related News and Political topics' started by bashman, Oct 31, 2010.

1. bashman

bashman Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Today (in between going to church, a few stores, watering the grass/weeds, and taking the kids to some friends house for trick or treating and 'smores), I mounted 2 scopes on 2 rifles that I've been meaning to do for some time now.

Looks like I'll be getting the chance to go hunting later this week, so I wanted to get it done now so I could sight them in at the club.

Put a Nikon Monarch on a Savage heavy barrel .308, and a Bushnell Elite 3200 on a Remington 700 in .30-06 that dates to 1966.

The Savage already had Leupold rings/bases, so it was an easy swap out.

The Remington had some old (maybe as old as the rifle???) Weaver bases and tip-off rings that I replaced with a Deadnutz mount.

This is the first time I have used the Deadnutz system.
    Hoping that it will be a winner, seems simple enough, and looks extremely stout and reliable.

Looking forward to getting through a short work week, and getting away for a few days to do some hunting, shooting and relaxing.

2. jjwestbrook

jjwestbrook Club Subscribed
    Club Subscribed

deadnutz mounts are great , I have 3 of them did not even need to lap them. according to my wheeler eng. alignment tool they were perfectly straight . i guess you could say they were "deadnutz"