Help the change the current of oppresion of the minory view

Discussion in 'State | National laws and issues 2A and State/ Car' started by Lawmaker, May 2, 2010.

1. Lawmaker

Lawmaker Member

Copied from Opencarry.org.

"The Harris Teeter on Oberlin Road has reposted the "No Fire arms signs again.

I found the same signage at the Charlotte-Morrocroft Harris Teeter today. I called the local store and the manager stated it became effective policy for ALL North Carolina stores Wednesday.

I contacted the HQ customer service and spoke with a nice rep named Julius. He said they received a few complaints from customers in NC who saw guns while shopping and were upset. He said the company takes customer complaints very seriously so they implemented a blanket-ban for all of NC.

Interestingly, Julius stated he also had a concealed carry permit and understood my frustration. He stated that if enough customers complained about the policy, HT would be inclined to reconsider.

1-800-432-6111, option 3 for customer service HQ."

This is not about OC but about CC also. More and more corporations are folding to a minority of complaints and over reacting.

2. cc2001

cc2001 New Member

This Harris Teeter is also posted:

5365 Robinhood Village Dr
    Winston-Salem, NC 27106
    (336) 923-2441

[​IMG]

3. lagunamiata

lagunamiata Registered Member

I just e-mailed HT and posted this on my Facebook page... no more shopping there for me. Good thing there isn't one close to where we're moving to in Lincolnton.

4. Lawmaker

Lawmaker Member

I just hate that a couple of people (minority) complain and a company gives in.

5. bigfanofsr9

bigfanofsr9 Registered Member

6. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

I know Julius Personally from working at HT years ago. Top notch guy. Can not find a bad thing to say about him

7. imatt1

imatt1 Registered Member

From their website:
    Any chance this was posted on a national site?

8. lagunamiata

Response from my e-mail to HT:
    Thank you for your email. Customer feedback is crucial to our business and I have forwarded your comments to our Loss Prevention department for review. We hope that you will reconsider shopping with us and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,

Brandie
    Harris Teeter Customer Relations

9. lagunamiata

It was on the opencarry.org site.

10. Lawmaker

Lawmaker Member

Loss Prevention? Huh.

Yes It was posted on OpenCarry.org. So we are getting traction there also. But I wanted to post here because it really affects the people on this site. Because the Teeter is mostly in our area. I used to work there also. My first job.

11. bigfanofsr9

bigfanofsr9 Registered Member

This is how my response read,
    "Thank you for your email. Customer feedback is crucial to us, and I will certainly forward your comments to the appropriate management personnel.

Thanks for being our customer!

Sincerely,

Tom
    Harris Teeter Customer Relations"

12. eclipse13

eclipse13 New Member

Email sent

13. lagunamiata

A friend that came over today to help us move said he went into the HT he uses and gave the manager his VIC card and told him why he wouldn't be coming back. Maybe they are getting the message...

14. Ditch Doc

Ditch Doc Registered Member

email sent. Simple and to the point. "In response to the banning of concealed carry in your NC stores, my family will no longer shop at Harris Teeter."

15. myst173

myst173 Member

16. DWFR

DWFR Club Subscribed
    Club Subscribed

Boycott Harris Teeter

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have notified Grass Roots North Carolina which lead the charge to revoke this policy several years ago and requested a state-wide alert to be issued.

17. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye New Member

The Harris Teeter in Hickory on 127 got a call from corp this afternoon and was instructed to remove ALL "No firearms" signs.

They are no longer posted.

GREAT DAY

18. DWFR

DWFR Club Subscribed
    Club Subscribed

NC Bullseye,

GRNC will issue an alert this evening with an explanation of what occurred yesterday and today. I will post that alert as soon as I get it. This is an example of what like minded individuals can accomplish when the appropriate resources are applied and the consequences of trampling our Second Amendment explained.

19. NC Dave

NC Dave New Member

Harris Teeter has reversed their policy. Signs in Cary have come down. The word has been sent out to stores state-wide to take the signs down.

20. DWFR

DWFR Club Subscribed
    Club Subscribed

GRNC Gets Harris Teeter to Pull ‘No Guns’ Signs

GRNC Update 05-10-10:
    GRNC Gets Harris Teeter to Pull ‘No Guns’ Signs

Over the weekend, numerous reports came into GRNC that Harris Teeter supermarkets across the state were posting against firearms, including those carried by lawful concealed handgun permit-holders.

Happily, a single phone call by GRNC president Paul Valone to Harris Teeter Communications Director Jennifer Townsend seems to have resolved the problem, as Ms. Townsend assures us signs will be removed immediately.

GRNC ‘DON’T BUY LIST’

Recall that in 1995, after GRNC passed North Carolina’s concealed handgun law, then-Governor Hunt’s “Crime Commission” printed up 3,000 “no firearms” signs and began encouraging merchants to post.

Anticipating the problem, we created the “GRNC Don’t Buy List” through which gun rights supporters reported posted merchants, which were contacted and informed that their business would be transmitted to tens of thousands of gun owners via gun shows, gun shops, concealed handgun classes, and the Internet.

As a result, hundreds of stores removed signs -- including major chains such as Lowes Home Improvement Centers, Wilco Convenience stores and others -- breaking the trend toward posting. Given the success of the project, GRNC wrapped it up in the late 90s to focus on gun legislation.

THANK HARRIS TEETER

When the realities of the Don’t Buy project were explained to Harris Teeter executives on Monday morning, they wasted little time, calling back two hours later to inform GRNC that signs would be removed. As it turns out, the explanation for this situation was a misinterpretation of the law at the corporate level. We have heard from members that their local store managers have reported being contacted by the corporate office to remove the signs.

As a North Carolina company with 132 of its 189 supermarkets in this state, let’s all offer a big “thank you” for being a responsible corporate citizen and supporting the ability of its customers to protect themselves.

Please offer your thanks to: customerrelations@harristeeter.com

GRNC Symposium and Raffle

http://grnc.org/symposium.htm
    http://grnc.org/zencart/

Don’t forget to come out to the GRNC Second Amendment Symposium Friday night for a great slate of pro-gun speakers, including Sen. Richard Burr and attorney Alan Gura:
    http://grnc.org/symposium.htm

If you can’t make it out, at least take advantage of the opportunity to win a fine rifle compliments of Remington Arms.
    http://grnc.org/zencart/