new to me glock

Discussion in 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting' started by hardluk1, Nov 2, 2010.

1. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I bought a glock 27 off a member here yesterday and took it to the range today. Shot well and enjoyed it more than i thought i might never shooting a glock before. First inbetween wieght pistol. Not lite, not heavy. Wife was still shooting her pistol so i went out to talk to the owner and darned if a nice glock 17 didn't just jump up and ask to go home, bought it for my wife. Also picked up a +2 mag extention. for the 27 to give my little finger something to hold on to. Now just have to shoot more to get us comfortable with them. arrrggg, more money gone.

2. Timor

Timor Club Subscribed

Looks like "black magic" gets another recruit.

Congrats

3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Terrible sickness to catch.

4. Timor

Timor Club Subscribed

Tell me about (SIGH). I have ten of them.

G17, four G19s, G22, G23, G26, G29SF, & G32

5. paragain

paragain Club Subscribed

You are lucky that your wife shoots with you. Buy her anything she wants to keep her at your side on the range....Lucky guy..

6. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

timor Thats a good round number of glocks. Thats the total amount of handguns i have.
    paragain I met my wife in 1976 and camping, hunting and shooting were a requirement. She has always been a very good shot buy shy's from the heavier and harder recoiling guns and likes the 17so far . I have to stay on my toes or see will out shoot me and rub it in too.

7. chupacabrah

chupacabrah New Member

nice. I have a 26 that I really like, so easy to conceal. I have these mag floorplates (no extension, pinky just tucks underneath), and love them: http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

I'd like to get a g19...maybe sometime in the future.

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Darn, didn't hit send!! Type this again. Thanks for the info and I will get one for the other stock mag. Got to help with a bit of leverage.

9. Glock-N-Roll

Glock-N-Roll New Member

Same boat, sort of. I bought a G27 for CC. My wife doesn't really care for the feel of it, no prob, my gun anyway. She does like the feel of the Gen 3 G23 RTF2, go figure. Looks like I need to go get one (with gills of course). They multiply.

10. dakasat

dakasat Registered Member

I got my first Glock in 1987...Still got it and it still shoots great! I currently have three, a 17, 19 and department issue 21. Wish I could afford one of each model!
    Hardluck, You got yourself two good guns! Feed them good ammo and they will never let you down!
    dakasat

11. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Just got done reading the artical in Combat Handgun on the glock 17 that is up to 277,000 rounds and counting with very few problems. Going back to the range to day with my wife so we can start working with our glocks to get use to them. I have also ordered a holster from Ellison Holster. He builds a crossbread style at home as a hobby and is in the Flat rock area. Should have it in a few days and well review it after several weeks of wear. His prices are a cheaper and production is quicker so see how it goes.

12. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed

Yep, these kittle extensions really make the subcompacts handle well and for my people much better than a typical mag extension. They lock under your finger and aid in controlling muzzle flip. I've noticed I definitely shoot my G27 better with them compared to anything else.

13. osirissky

osirissky Club Subscribed

With all of these Glocks floating around, someone should trade me a G19. :D

14. XD Joe

XD Joe Registered Member

Has your wife fired the 27? Did she complain about the recoil? I am thinking of getting one, but my wife is recoil sensitive.

15. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed

Don't get her a G27 if she's recoil sensitive. The G26/G19 would be a better choice.

16. JGrigg86

JGrigg86 Shameless Glock Fanboy

What you got to trade?:001_cool:

17. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

No she does not like 27 at all but the 17 is ok . Atleast she can get 2 hands wrapped around it. Just found about Boresight solutions . They also reduce grips and they have pictures of 2 styles and look the best of any . I might try it my self on my wifes as she would like it a bit smaller in the grip.
    Jdwerd keep hang'n in there or make a trip over this way to Prices Creek General store and pick one up for $509.00

18. ScubaScott

ScubaScott Registered Member

What about Glock's in .45ACP?

19. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

What about glocks in 45? Here 9mm is her play gun not a carry and we own to many calibers now. Also to us glocks SF is not short enough to matter and the single stack is something that is still a good distance from front to rear,just a bit thinner. No 45's in this house. With a 3-9mm's a 40, 3-38sp, 2 357mags and a 44mag no need for a 45 anything. I did not care for them in old 1911s and still don't with the latest and greats. My wifes go to is a 38 taurus snubby revolver that she can shoot even better and has the finest DA trigger ever. Old smooth action.