Noveske

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by Mr2000, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Mr2000

Mr2000 Registered Member

I'm sure this has been discussed before but does anyone have experience with the noveske switch block? I'm thinking about giving myself a finishing my Army service rifle.

Going with a Noveske 10.5 light shorty with VIS and Switchblock, a gemtech or aac can, and loopdeedoop Delta Point reflex.

2. Mr2000

Mr2000 Registered Member

PS: Reason for my choice of Noveske (Not just because they're awesome!) but also because I'm from the same town they're made in.

3. Derek8404

Derek8404 U. S. Military

No experience with the switch block, but noveske makes some damn fine rifles, and Oregon is a beautiful state went up there twice last year. Also what the hell is a loopdedoop reflex???

4. Mr2000

Mr2000 Registered Member

hahaha Leupold :) I call them Loopdedoops!

5. Derek8404

Derek8404 U. S. Military

Ohhh ok gotcha. I could not figure that one out. Just looked at that rifle on their site. Damn that thing is sweet. Definitely post some pics if you get it. Are you going back to Or. When you get out?

6. Derek8404

Derek8404 U. S. Military

Good lookin reflex. I it were me I would put a aimpoint micro on it.

7. Mr2000

Mr2000 Registered Member

You think? I remember this SF guy that was with me in Afghanistan that had a one of those short reflex's on his M9. I loved that thing, figured it would be decent on a carbine. I'll have to check out the Micro though.

Yeah I'm headed home! Going to school to get my Bachelors in Nursing, and eventually my CRNA Masters.

8. Brandon

Brandon Member

9. KWCAM

KWCAM Registered Member

I believe that is referencing the clamp on style they have show and say that you should get the pinned switchblock/barrel combo for hard use

"We recommend a pinned gas block for Military, Law Enforcement, and Self Defense use. Rifles, Uppers, and Barrels are available with a pinned Switchblock for these applications."

10. Brandon

Brandon Member

Good call.... Im an idiot. :90:

11. Mr2000

Mr2000 Registered Member

Thanks for the help guys! Yeah It'll be my work horse. I want to have the ability to shoot subsonic ammo for better suppression.

12. ecross27

ecross27 Registered Member

Switchblock

I have one with several hundred or more rounds through it. It is the pinned on type.
    Seems to function as described; however, I found it advisable to rotate it several times after shooting to insure the carbon does not somewhat lock/block it from turning smoothly at a later time.
    My first attempt of turning it after several hundred rounds over a period of months with no turning was frustrating and required sitting with several drops of solvent working its way into the mating areas. Once free and with a bit of thought thereafter it has not been a problem.
    Again, It does function properly in both configurations.