RCBS Bench Mounted Primer Pocket Swager

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ghost, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Does anyone have/used one of these? And if so thoughts, praises, gripes about it? I'm thinking about getting one. I just started reloading last year and have a Lyman reaming tool but I find it virtually useless.

2. 06MegaCTD

06MegaCTD Registered Member

It looks like the dillon one so i am sure it works pretty good. w

3. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed

I have one but prefer my Hornady primer pocket reamer

4. Sharps4050

Sharps4050 Registered Member

I had the dillon. It worked great. Also had the press mounted RCBS model. It worked but not real convenient. Dillon was better. Now I just cut the crimp out of the occasional crimped case and sold off both the swager tools.

5. NeuseRvrRat

NeuseRvrRat New Member

the RCBS bench-mounted primer pocket swager has only just hit the market in the past month or two. not very many reviews out there yet. it's extremely similar to the dillon super swage.

i have the dillon super swage and it works very well, especially after the addition of a string and rubber band.

6. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed

Thanks for the heads up as I was confusing it for the their press mounted swager.

Looks like the Dillon Super Swager which works well. Fir the money though I still prefer my Hornady Primer Pocket Reamer. Cost less than $10 and works much faster.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/253550/hornady-primer-pocket-reamer-cutter-head-small

7. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Funny you should mention that. I just watched the video the other day. Are you the one that came up with the idea? If so brilliant. :thumbup:

8. NeuseRvrRat

NeuseRvrRat New Member

nope, i saw the video and just copied it. actually, i had the super swage loaned out to my uncle and i showed him the video and he made the modifications. you wouldn't think it'd make that much of a difference, but it's a lot faster now.

9. Redhat

Redhat Registered Member

I ordered one which should be delivered Monday. Hope it works good...I hate hand reaming crimped primer pockets.

10. kpnc2001

kpnc2001 Registered Member

It does look like it operates like the Dillion. I really like my Dillion set up.

11. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I decided to get it. It came in last week. I've got it mounted to a 2x4 due to space limitations. I did a couple hundred cases Saturday and I really like it. It will not be as fast as the dillon with the rubber band modification but it's a lot faster than reaming. I give it a thumbs up.

12. Redhat

Redhat Registered Member

Just got mine this evening, plan to assemble it tonight. Did you have any difficulty adjusting it?

13. Ghost

Ghost New Member

No I didn't.

14. Mr.Gadget

Mr.Gadget Club Subscribed

I have been using a RCBS for 20-25 years....... The one that is press mounted, it is fast.
    I also have a Dillon, it is good but takes the room and to me is slower.

15. Redhat

Redhat Registered Member

Just FYI, this RCBS unit is much smaller than I thought, a little over 6" not including the handle.

16. Ghost

Ghost New Member

That's what I like about it. Smaller footprint for the limited space I have to work with.