Shooting in Ladson, SC

Discussion in 'Firearms related News and Political topics' started by ZackOJones, Feb 15, 2014.

1. ZackOJones

ZackOJones U. S. Military

It's one thing when you read about a shooting in another state but when you read about one that's close to you it really makes you stop and think. The reason the homeowner was outside at 6:00am was he was on his way to the local flea market where he maintains a booth. It's also making me re-think my decision of 5 in my J-Frame revolver is enough.

http://www.live5news.com/story/24718346/authorities-investigation

CHARLESTON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) -
    The 76-year old Lincolnville homeowner who shot and killed a suspected robber outside of his home over the weekend will not be charged.

According to Charleston County Sheriff Al Cannon, the suspect, 25-year-old Robert Joseph Deziel, was carrying a stun gun made to look like a cell phone during the incident.

Deputies were called to a home on Dunmeyer Hill Road in Lincolnville on Sunday just after 6 a.m. for a report of an attempted armed robbery and shooting. The victim told police he was attacked by Deziel, but was able to pull out a handgun and shoot the suspect.

"I just shot somebody who was trying to rob me," the victim told a 911 dispatcher.

The solicitors office says this was a case of self defense, and the 76-year-old homeowner was under attack and defended himself.

"I shot about three times before I hit him because he had me on the ground trying to tase me. And I finally got one in him," the victim told a 911 dispatcher.

Deziel was pronounced dead at the scene, and the victim was transported to Trident Medical Hospital to be treated for his injuries.

Cannon says Deziel was wearing two sets of clothes, which deputies say indicated he was planning to rob the victim.

2. Tailhunter

Tailhunter God and Guns
    Club Subscribed

Thought he had a rabbit and he ended up with a german shepherd.

3. Rdinatal

Rdinatal Member

Duh, obviously he was going to rob (or worse). So if he wasn't wearing two sets of clothes the conclusion would have been...

-R

4. Dan

Dan Club Subscribed
    Club Subscribed

5. Amp Mangum

Amp Mangum New Member

6. chiefjason

chiefjason Vendor
    Vendor

Two sets of clothes indicates more of an ambush. He had to get there and wait. Premeditation. One set of clothes would have been more of a crime of opportunity. Apparently the robber knew what he wanted to do and probably new the guy would have cash on him at that time.

Good shoot.

7. old confederate

old confederate Club Subscribed
    Club Subscribed

8. ZackOJones

ZackOJones U. S. Military

"Goin' to miss you JoJo. I'll pour out some Skittles in your memory. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/charleston/r-deziel-condolences/169675922?cid=full#sthash.G0XLTSxG.dpuf"

So much for pouring one for your homies -- Skittles, seriously?

9. B00GER

B00GER Club Subscribed
    Club Subscribed

I kinda read that as a dig.

Poor kid...he probably just wanted to help the old man cross the street.

10. SgtSundevil

SgtSundevil U. S. Military

how long before jessie jackson and al sharpton are down here seeking justice for de-dummy-ju, he is so unimportant i done forgot his name.

And I thought the skittles comment may have been trying to make a hero of Trayvon or a martyr.