stevens 311 series H 410?

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by naildriver, Jan 19, 2011.

1. naildriver

naildriver Guest

i have had this gun in my cabnit for a while, well since 97, and im getting curious about it. i was thinking about selling it to help fund a .204... i was sent to this site by the founder of NCPHA.. its a stevens model 311 series H 410.... any info on this gun or how much its worth would be great... here are some pics.... and thanks in advance...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. august1410

august1410 Club Subscribed

Don't sell it. Stevens 311s in 12ga only go for 2-300 dollars, but the .410s go for 6-800.

I'd hold on to it. Sure, it's a utility gun and not a classic, but it's not often you can have a utility gun that is worth 600-800 bucks.

3. naildriver

naildriver Guest

thats nice to know... i was offered 700 and thats wat got me interested in finding out more... this lil beauty might have to stay in the safe for a lil while... but ten again, im really wantin a .204...

4. 1911Tuner

1911Tuner Registered Member

And a good little utility gun it is, too. I had a 311A that I killed a boxcar load of small game with, and about half again as many quail and doves. I think I gave 85 dollars for it NIB.

It patterned well with all shot sizes except #4 and it shot where it looked with both barrels.
    It even shot 3 inches high and converged at 50 yards with slugs. I couldn't have asked for more in a 2-shoot scattergun at any price. I've since had a half-dozen...sadly no longer around...in 12...16...and 20 gauge, and the performance was excellent with all. Never had a .410 but I'd seek one out if I was still into upland hunting.

My personal favorite was the little 20 gauge with modified and IC chokes. That was a bird killin' piece of plunder and I've regretted giving it to my nephew since the day it went home with him.

5. mcanders

mcanders New Member

Nice Stevens 311. It is very similar to the Fox model B.

6. naildriver

naildriver Guest

thanks yall, that answered alot of questions.... is there any way of telling the year?

7. leper65

leper65 Pistol Shooter

This may help, may not....

http://www.wisnersinc.com/additional_info/stevens_date_code.htm

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=176056

This is from the shotgun world link

"If it has a serial # the best I can do is 1968 or later.
    Since the pictures are not back yet, I will explain to the best of my ability.
    The Savage/Stevens date code is a very small oval, usually on the underside of the receiver on doubles. Inside that oval is a very small number and letter. The letter is the year of manufacture. A=1949, B=1950 etc. "O" and "Q" were not used because of similarity to a zero."

"All the other marks you see are there to make sure pieces that may have been separated inside the factory find each other again.
    So a large "A" by itself inside a circle in not the date code. If the serial # starts with an "A" that is not the date code."

8. naildriver

naildriver Guest

thank you