Today's HB 937 vote-Stay Tuned

Discussion in 'Grass Roots North Carolina (GRNC)' started by DWFR, Jul 16, 2013.

1. DWFR

DWFR Club Subscribed

Although only 14 stalwarts voted for concurrence on HB 937, we have received assurances from the Speaker's office that: (1) All provisions other than the purchase permit repeal will remain in the bill; (2) The limited campus carry will actually be slightly improved; (3) Although a full purchase permit repeal is unlikely (owing partially to the fact McCrory would likely veto it), negotiations are underway on a compromise which the Speak has said would satisfy all parties; and (4) The bill would be passed this year.

Consequently, we do not suggest beating on leadership yet. In coming days, GRNC will be working closely with conferees to ensure a strong bill is sent back to both chambers for concurrence. Additional details will be released as they become available.

2. toddje

toddje Staff

(Mostly) great news! Thanks!

3. DrDover

DrDover Lifetime Member

I just want to hunt with a suppressor..... The other stuff is great n all but suppressor hunting is what has my interest in this bill. The pistol permit system is a drop dead point on this bill for to many liberals and power/money hungry sheriff's

4. Whisper

Whisper Not Subscribed

Even if we lose on a few points this bill is still a great step forward. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Cheers,
    Whisper

5. soreshoulder

soreshoulder Staff Member Staff Member

the politicians love to bitch about all the phone calls and emails (and believe me, we've got better things to do than wear these clowns out all day) so I'd like to suggest that if the occupants of the legislature in Raleigh did a better job of two-way communication, they might not have so much aggravation from us.

6. Diverdad

Diverdad Lifetime Member

the politicians love to bitch about all the phone calls and emails (and believe me, we've got better things to do than wear these clowns out all day) so I'd like to suggest that if the occupants of the legislature in Raleigh did a better job of two-way communication, they might not have so much aggravation from us.

Ditto^^^^