Upstate South Carolina Reloading Must Visit

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by jcinnb, May 26, 2013.

1. jcinnb

jcinnb Registered Member

Will be in Anderson and Greenville area in mid-June. Any must visit sources of reloading components in the area? Would love some powder for 25-06 and of course some primers.

Thank you in advance.

Jcinnb

2. Keltyke

Keltyke Registered Member

http://deweyspawn.us/ Dewey's Gun and Pawn in Greenville has a fair selection of powder and even some boolits and rifle primers. Good prices on guns, too. Good people. If you see Kendell, tell him Gerald and Mausa sent you. Almost forgot, they got a two-land range in a trailer right there on the premises. $10/hour.

3. RealGun

RealGun Registered Member

Call Grady's in Anderson and Trader's in Taylor's, near Greenville. Also try J&S Gun Depot in Easley.
    The others are either not on my radar or just dabble and are likely picked clean.
    Grady's is 864-226-5283
    Trader's is 864-292-5644
    J&S is 864-859-9065

I am in this area and don't bother shopping. The cupboards are bare. I order in bulk on line. Might be worth a call though. I did see powder at Grady's in April. Bought a couple pounds to get started on .357 Magnum. I still don't have magnum primers but have an order in.

My Hornady book tells me you would be looking for large rifle primers for 25-06. Those you might find.

4. jcinnb

jcinnb Registered Member

Thanks guys. I can't find much down here, thought I would try up there.

jcinnb

5. Crunchy Frog

Crunchy Frog Registered Member

I stopped by Grady's last week for the first time in several months. When I started handloading in about 1980 Grady's had much more shelf space devoted to reloading equipment and components. They have more shelf space now than most other retail stores though.

Powder and bullets were reasonably well stocked. A few primers but not much. Seemed to be more dies and other equipment in stock.

6. RealGun

RealGun Registered Member

Was just in Grady's, and they had a decent selection of powders. Only primers were LPP, maybe 3000-4000.