We Need A Mass Rally Of Gun Owners In Washington DC

Discussion in 'State | National laws and issues 2A and State/ Car' started by Brittanyman, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Brittanyman

Brittanyman Registered Member

Why isn't some gun owners organization planning a huge rally in Washington DC? There was just one held by anti-gunners. We need to stand up to this ultra liberal president and politicians and show our strength in numbers. If we jammed DC with over a million gun owners, I think it would open some eyes. The pro-gun law enforcement officers could also join us.

Years ago I attended a rally in Harrisburg, PA. We filled the capitol and were joined by state and local law enforcement officers.

I see a lot of sheriffs from CA, TX, OR, and recently WS have spoken out for the need of gun ownership for self defense.

2. Phantom Crab

Phantom Crab New Member

Because they do not allow one to carry in DC.

3. golfer

golfer Club Subscribed

Elect me for President and I will allow it cause I know when I am in the white house you will find a AR in my gun cabinet!

4. Brittanyman

You got to be kidding me! We can't have a gun rally just because we can't carry in DC? You would let that stop you from your first amendment right. Besides they wouldn't have enough police to frisk everyone who showed up in DC for the rally.

I guess we just lay down like obedient dogs and let the liberal progessives rule over us.

5. FNG

FNG Club Subscribed

Non-liberals have a harder time with these big rallys.... many of us have those pesky JOBS we are still responsible for (you know, so we can pay the welfare for the Obama Mamas)...

6. Phantom Crab

Phantom Crab New Member

By your words you are telling one that it is ok to carry where it is illegal because they do not have enough cops to frisk everyone is abut as dumb as a response as I have seen. You are a mature adult who thinks it is ok the violate carry laws at a 2nd amendment rally, are you seriously that stupid to suggest that? You do not think that is exactly what they want?

Second if you look at 99% of the posts on here where people do not support a business because the have a no carry sign you would have seen the humor in that post.

So if you think there needs to be one go for it, the organizer of the gun control advocates did it via social media and they raised the necessary funds and held a rally. So instead of talking about it take action and go do it, put your time, reputation and money where your mouth is.

7. Phantom Crab

Phantom Crab New Member

This too!

8. FNG

FNG Club Subscribed

Maybe we could get the "special permission" the gun-grabbers always seem to obtain when they want to show off the evil guns in places they are not allowed...

Or, perhaps we could all march on Washington with mock muskets- a symbol even THEY should understand...

or we all just make one of these out of a piece of pine....

il_570xN.401130414_q3ux.jpg

9. Phantom Crab

Phantom Crab New Member

Better check to see if they have them there shadow laws..........and don't forget the coon Hats!

10. Pumpkinslinger

Pumpkinslinger Not Subscribed

11. Brittanyman

My comment about carrying in DC was more of an off hand remark to show the stupidity of the DC laws. Second I have been a life long member of the NRA and have volunteered in numerous Friends of the NRA and Ducks Unlimited functions. I also have volunteered at several NRA Annual Meetings. I also was the first person in the Pittsburgh Public School system to teach the NRA Eddie Eagle program. So I have in the past put my time, reputation and money where my mouth is. Have you? I also have contacted my state and US representatives numerous times when concerning our 2nd amendment rights.

The rallies you mentioned were scattered, and not well covered by the media. Some were to be held at the state capitols, some at gun shows and gun stores. Instead if all these people showed up at one location, it would have a greater effect.

A NATIONAL organization needs to start the call for a rally in DC. I read Pumpkinslingers reply and see someone is thinking the same as me. I also see some talking about missing work. This could be held during the weekend, so very few would miss work.

I will VOLUNTEER to work at the local level in a national effort to get people from my area to rally in DC. This will not be my first time in helping in an effort to support the 2nd admendment and promote hunting and the shooting sports.

12. pingman274

pingman274 Club Subscribed

13. Phantom Crab

Phantom Crab New Member

Pro-Gun Rally's are never covered by the media the correct way. They never will be unfortunately. Heck I saw an article today about a women who lost 5 kids to guns in Chicago and they tried to make it a reason for gun violence, except the fact all 5 of her kids were in gangs.