Thread: Mossberg 715t

Cool Mossberg 715t

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossb.../New/37204.jpg

Wally World near me has them for $227.00. I can get a small discount thru a family member which would make it about $225.00 out the door.

My question is, Are they worth it? Does anyone around here have any experience with one?

I am thinking for $225.00, how bad can it be....
    The females will just eat you for the sport of it whether they are hungry or not. Qball50 2012
    I used to date a 3ft midget. I was nuts over that girl. chdamn 2012
    "...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
    --Samuel Adams

I'd say got for it Gtown! Maybe change the stock (personal preference). $225 ain't bad!

--DirtySCREW
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

1st CSC'r to see SNAL's entire RUGER collection!!!

I'm assuming that's a 22 lr?

I'm with dirty. For $225 it would have to be craptastic to not be worth that. O
    Discount Chad's Warmonger Emporium
    For all your surplus needs
    http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...onger-Emporium

Yeap. Its a plastic 22lr. But I am seeing this like you and Screw. For the money why not
    The females will just eat you for the sport of it whether they are hungry or not. Qball50 2012
    "...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
    --Samuel Adams

Wow~! That's a deal and half. Got a buddy in VA that has one and he loves it! He put a scope on his and says it's "spot on"! Don't know what distance he's talking about. I've been thinking about one myself. Didn't realize WM had them that cheap, Dick's had them for around $300 at one time. $227 can't be far off from dealer costs.
    "Any society that would give up their liberty to obtain temporary security, deserves neither and loses both." -Benjamin Franklin

I dare you to run the next PHA match with it.
    Discount Chad's Warmonger Emporium
    For all your surplus needs
    http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...onger-Emporium

Me, I'd pass.

A coworker has one, and it's AR-like in appearance only.
    The controls are nothing like an AR.

It is just a standard Mossberg 22 semiauto barreled action dropped into a plastic AR looking shell.
    Forget cleaning - I think it's something like 13 screws you have to remove to take the two halves apart.

Now, if it's just for plinking, and not training, then it may be worth it.
    But just know going in that it isn't remotely close to an AR trainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read.

Quote Originally Posted by Chdamn View Post
    I dare you to run the next PHA match with it.
    Thats what I am thinking. This with the ruger 22/45, rim fire all the way. Of course i will still run centerfire also.
    --Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by gtownwrench View Post
    Thats what I am thinking. This with the ruger 22/45, rim fire all the way. Of course i will still run centerfire also.
    If you need me to show you how to shoot them....lemme know. LOL

DirtySCREW

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

1st CSC'r to see SNAL's entire RUGER collection!!!

I know a fellow who has one. It's not a bad for a "tactical looking" 22. The action ( and magazines) is based on Mossbergs 702 Plinkster 22. Disassembly is a little onerous but the action and chamber are loose enough to allow a lot crud to build up before you have to clean it. It shoots around 2.5 - 3 inches at 50 yards, so it's an excellent plinking rifle.

CJohnson76
    That is a great price for one. It is worth that.