Thread: New Backup handgun. SCCY CPX2 $239.99

Ncreptile

New Backup handgun. SCCY CPX2 $239.99

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    This looks like a good 9mm gun with the price I want, the weight I want(15ounces) and the looks with it.(Highpoints are so ugly).

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...m=F1SCCGCPX2CB

The reviews seem to be good-mixed and I figure it will be a nice backup for my beretta m9.

THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO AND I DO NOT HAVE A BEARD!!! Just to be clear lmao.
    Last edited by Ncreptile; 07-09-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Thats a heck of a price, good find
    Like you've never googled "cripple with a dickbat" before. Fathead

Staff Shootist Classified Feedback: 26 Silver_Bullet's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you like very heavy gritty DAO triggers, this is the gun for you!

I shot one of these before, and it is comparable to the keltec p-11 I had as far as the trigger is concerned. No jams, and accurate enough at 7 yards. I put about 50 rounds through it, decided I did't like it and sold it to my brother-inlaw. I guess it is cheap, which is a plus, but me personally, I like to spend a little more and get something nice that is going to protect my life. I know it's a back-up, so I guess it would be ok, but I would definitely not consider it for a main carry piece.

I have tried the Nano that a friend had, and it's not that bad. I personally carry a Kahr PM9, and the trigger on it is a DAO that is smooth as butter, you can get the CM9 which is 200 cheaper and almost the same pistol as the PM9. I would even consider a Ruger LC9 with it's long trigger before I carried the cpx2. The M&P sheild is out and about if you want a good double stack.

Oh and my backup for my Kahr PM9 is a Glock, so there you see my philosophy.
    Last edited by Silver_Bullet; 07-09-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Just read some of the reports and problems from their forum. I wouldn't carry one if it was given to me.

http://www.sccyforum.com/viewforum.php?f=17
    Prepare for the worst, or prepare to fail for the lack of preparation.

The newer designs seem to be ok ... I was looking at one in Feb., used, low round count, $200.00. Online research turned up too many problems with the early ones (like the one I was looking at).

Matt

I HAD one, I bought it for about $150 from a pawn shop. I put a few hundred rounds thru it. The slide stop broke on me after about a hundred rounds. I called customer service and they did overnight me a new slide stop, but I just never put my full trust in it as a carry gun..but as just a cheap ole shooter gun, it could be worth that price. Mine was also a very early model, I think the serial # was around 140 or so, when i called CS they did say they change the process of how they made the slide stop due to some breakages.

Had a CPX-1. Rear sight sheared off. Slide would not lock back after last shot. Safety cut into my thumb. I'd have better accuracy throwing rounds at a target.
    "Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass."

Ncreptile
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizooki View Post
    The newer designs seem to be ok ... I was looking at one in Feb., used, low round count, $200.00. Online research turned up too many problems with the early ones (like the one I was looking at).

Matt
    I have been hearing first gen was bad and people just never gave second gen a chance which seems to have good reviews.
    I am wondering if most of the bad reviews are first gen owners reviewing the second on accident..

I would run from it as fast as possible. I've had experience with two second gen, brand spanking new cpx-1's. Both broke! One, the trigger spring kept coming loose from something but only after you fired a little over 20rnds thru it. Got sent back to Sccy twice. I got extra mags out of it though, their customer service is great! Guy named Don was the manager, actually called me and told me what was going on with it. They are just an assembly center, all the parts are coming in from somewhere else. Evidently the Frame width was out of tolerance and needed to be squeezed back into tolerance. They put me in a heavy duty safety also(didn't know why till later on gun2). When I got it back the second time, noticed the safety lever was cracked, they sent me a safety kit. Then the front sight worked it's way out, they said to super glue it. Second gun, safety mechanism on the inside sheered in half, parts popped out of the gun! They sent anothe safety kit. You get free mags out of it and they pay for shipping every time but I can't depend my life on something like that, lost all confidence in the company. But who's to say they might be better now, improved their quality.....IDK.
    "Any society that would give up their liberty to obtain temporary security, deserves neither and loses both." -Benjamin Franklin

I'd search for a CZ 82 for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
    Very good advice here. One of the best semi autos in that price range IMO.

Sent from an HTC mobile device....
    "Remember the first rule of gun fighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

Ncreptile
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
    Never been a fan of the CZ series handguns.
    I would go with a tokarev but I have owned those before and its not exactly small enough to CC.

Have you thought about spending a tad more and getting a single stack Keltec PF9? The triggers are a tad better than the P11/ SCCY CPX2s

Sent from an HTC mobile device....
    "Remember the first rule of gun fighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

hmmm, if i wanted a cheap pistol with absolute shit QC- Id stick with Keltecs :-)