Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope Options for M&P 15-22

Club Subscribed

Scope Options for M&P 15-22

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Ok I will be the first to admint I know NOTHING about Scopes I have a EL CHEAPO on my M&P 15-22 now just because it was a gifr to me

To works ok but i am looking for something a bit better quality that will be good out to 100 to 150 yards

Price would likely be around 100.00

Thanks

Ken
    “They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?” - Paul Harvey, 1994

I got mine more for competition stuff (if I can find the time) rather than long range shooting. It had a base line Bushnell on it when I got it, have since put the flip up sights back on and yesterday picked up a combination carry handle/weaver rail (had never seen one before) and mounted that along with a TruGlo red dot I had. Seems to be a great combination as it easily does the co-witness without any adjustments. I like the truglo red dot even though it's cheap, it has withstood many a shotgun slug recoil.....so, cheap or not, it's been tough.

Just didn't feel a scope was right on that gun, but that's just me.

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

A small investment of your time in skill development and maintenance, professional development as well as attention to your weapons and equipment will pay off when the fecal material meets the wind pusher.
    What in the heck is my avatar?

Club Subscribed
    Pic?

I got mine more for competition stuff (if I can find the time) rather than long range shooting. It had a base line Bushnell on it when I got it, have since put the flip up sights back on and yesterday picked up a combination carry handle/weaver rail (had never seen one before) and mounted that along with a TruGlo red dot I had. Seems to be a great combination as it easily does the co-witness without any adjustments. I like the truglo red dot even though it's cheap, it has withstood many a shotgun slug recoil.....so, cheap or not, it's been tough.

Just didn't feel a scope was right on that gun, but that's just me.

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. Jeremiah 20:9 NIV

ParacordJoes.com
    "The Fashion Statement with Survival Instincts" - Got your paracord rifle sling yet?
    “They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?” - Paul Harvey, 1994

This is how I got it...

Then this...

Then this...I found out I shoot best with open sights or very little magnification.

How it sits now....

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

A small investment of your time in skill development and maintenance, professional development as well as attention to your weapons and equipment will pay off when the fecal material meets the wind pusher.

Club Subscribed
    I am highly disappointed I do not see a PARACORD SLING on it

Still working on that single point and did not have any swivels for a two point, sent my last pair out the day before, that's a sling I had when I went to the range the other day....besides, I had made a combination black/dragonfly (neon green/yellow camo) sling for it (just because..LOL) and the lady next to me in Myrtle Beach this weekend just had to have it.....

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Look at a weaver classic V
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/183...la=ProductDesc
    And Burris Xtreme Tac rings Mid to high will work
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/377...la=ProductDesc

BOth on sale at Midway

I have had great luck with them on a 300 Blk, 556 and 22lr AR's

I ordered the PA red dot per Mike79's recommendation. Will see how it does.

Club Subscribed Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCm4 View Post
    Good choice; think you will like it. I would not rely on that sight for a defensive weapon but it is a hoot on my 15-22.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

i have a Vortex SPARC on my mp15-22.....i'm thinking about buying a Lucid HD-7 though...

Check out the new Mueller Speed Shot 1-4x

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

well that looks like a winner, for sure....was unaware of them having a new scope out!
    still love my APT (bought from joebob's of course) for my .22lr bolt action guns

Heres mine: PA 1-4x scope, in a PEPR mount. Works fine for me, and didnt cost a fortune.

Randy

E Tan E Epi Tas

Club Subscribed
    Liking what I see so far thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NCm4 View Post
    +2 for the PA Micro! I have 2 of them on ADM mounts on my carbines and plan to pick up a 3rd. Simply can't beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetguy1288 View Post
    Heres mine: PA 1-4x scope, in a PEPR mount. Works fine for me, and didnt cost a fortune.
    So what is the PA 1-4 running? best place to find them?

I went with the Weaver as they have a life time warrenty and for 150$, the PA I found was around 120$ 1 year warrenty.
    Weaver is made in Japan, not sure about the PA?

Best place to get the PA is directly through them. I think I paid a little over $100, but mines a few years old now.

And I have no fear that Marshall(the owner of PA, and also a member over at ARFCOM) would make it right if I ever had any issues with it.

BTW, before it was on my 22, it was on a 450 bushmaster ar15, and it held up fine to about a hundred rounds on that before i switched it over to the 22.
    Randy

E Tan E Epi Tas

Mine came in the mail today. I like it so far, haven't shot with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetguy1288 View Post
    Best place to get the PA is directly through them. I think I paid a little over $100, but mines a few years old now.

And I have no fear that Marshall(the owner of PA, and also a member over at ARFCOM) would make it right if I ever had any issues with it.
    Correct, PA is the best place to get a PA optic. It's like $115 for the Micro w/ riser or $163 shipped w/ ADM mount.

Very true that Marshall will take care of any issue you have with his products. I had an issue with their standard riser not locking solidly anymore. I emailed him, he responded quickly, and offered to swap it no charge or allow me to upgrade to the ADM for pretty cheap and I'm more than sold on the ADM mount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast