Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger P95

Ruger P95

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Went to the range today with a buddy and he brought his Ruger P95. It was a horrible gun in my opinion. The slide moved slow as hell, and overall the gun felt cumbersome to operate. Are all he rugers this way? I like their revolvers, but between this one and the LCP, I'm not impressed.

I love my P95's. They are bulky, but I haven't noticed anything slow about the slides. I do prefer the DC versions.
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

I sold a P95 as I had a 97DC already. The 95 is a beast, but it is well mfg'd, and does not miss a beat on the range. I could never get really good accuracy with it. It is built to military specs, but Ruger's 95 lost the Army contract to Beretta back in the day.

I actually carry a P90 daily on my tractor. It has had just about everything from saw dust to sand in the action and never jammed or had any failures of any sort. I absolutely love mine.
    Transfers for CSC Members only $15. PM me for more details!

"Whether you're talking about bees, dogs, or women, pain can come upon you quickly from either one of em."

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by knifeman32 View Post
    I actually carry a P90 daily on my tractor. It has had just about everything from saw dust to sand in the action and never jammed or had any failures of any sort. I absolutely love mine.
    It functioned flawlessly, just didn't feel like a quality piece.

I used to have a P85, no complaints at all. I just recently sold it so I could get another XD just because it was too big to conceal.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    It functioned flawlessly, just didn't feel like a quality piece.
    Could that have possible been due to the "rattle" when empty?

I have 3, 2 rattle, 1 does not, but I bought it unfired.
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

i have one - dont love it, but its reliable. i agree it feels bulky but i dont really know of anything that beats it for the combination of price/reliability/functionality.

Was this the polymer frame? Mine is all stainless. Perhaps this is the difference? As to other comments, it is bulky. I agree there. However, if I were to bet my life on any gun, I believe it would be my P90. I have to admit that it was a rather "cheap" gun but I really couldn't live without it. This is actually the gun that sold me on Ruger products in general.
    Transfers for CSC Members only $15. PM me for more details!

"Whether you're talking about bees, dogs, or women, pain can come upon you quickly from either one of em."

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Luke 22:36

Sure the Ruger P series handguns are not the sleekest and lightest full size semi's out there by any means but no one questions the build quality of the pistols. They are universally considered rugged, reliable, and very strong, though this strength comes at the cost of bulk and a generally blocky appearance. You can get one new for $300 and its a very good value at this low price point. They make a fine bedside or truck pistol. If you are only familiar with more modern plastic fantastics maybe they just don't feel right to you.

We Sirs now have a truly tyrannical government that does not deserve our support nor warrant our obedience. Pirate 2012

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Sure the Ruger P series handguns are not the sleekest and lightest full size semi's out there by any means but no one questions the build quality of the pistols. They are universally considered rugged, reliable, and very strong, though this strength comes at the cost of bulk and a generally blocky appearance. You can get one new for $300 and its a very good value at this low price point. They make a fine bedside or truck pistol. If you are only familiar with more modern plastic fantastics maybe they just don't feel right to you.
    I remember the first P85's had frame cracking, firing pin issues. I was all hot to buy one when they first came out, but the frame issue came around about the time I was able to save the funds.
    Jeeze...that was like...1989?
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Staff - Purveyor of Kydex Shootist Classified Feedback: 154 rantingredneck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meckmeister View Post
    I sold a P95 as I had a 97DC already. The 95 is a beast, but it is well mfg'd, and does not miss a beat on the range. I could never get really good accuracy with it. It is built to military specs, but Ruger's 95 lost the Army contract to Beretta back in the day.
    That was the 85. First of the P-series. They actually didn't make the cutoff for the trial IIRC.

No longer own any Pseries guns, but I've had my share. They all shoot where you point them and go bang every time. I had a P90 that was stupid accurate. 8 rounds in one hole at 15yds accurate.

The polymer guns are a little slide/top heavy, with a fairly high bore axis, and it contributes to that "slow slide" feel that Luke described in the OP.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    The answer to this question is straightforward: The purpose of having citizens armed with paramilitary weapons is to allow them to engage in paramilitary actions. The Second Amendment is not about Bambi and burglars whatever a well-regulated militia is, it is not a hunting party or a sport-clays club. It is remarkable to me that any educated person let alone a Harvard Law graduate believes that the second item on the Bill of Rights is a constitutional guarantee of enjoying a recreational activity. - Kevin D. Williamson, National Review

I have a P95 DC and I'm not the biggest fan of the gun (wife has claimed it so I can't sell it) I will say that it has never missed a beat and is fairly accurate. In a pinch you can use it as a blunt instrument if you run out of ammo......

Quote Originally Posted by jlpskydive View Post
    I have a P95 DC and I'm not the biggest fan of the gun (wife has claimed it so I can't sell it) I will say that it has never missed a beat and is fairly accurate. In a pinch you can use it as a blunt instrument if you run out of ammo......
    I'd love to exercise my skill at talking her out of it
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Quote Originally Posted by snal View Post
    I'd love to exercise my skill at talking her out of it
    Well if we ever get together you get first shot at it. I have a correction though (just went to the safe) It's a P94 DC in two tone stainless. I even have the box and paperwork. I think it's from the 90's. Man I have not pulled this thing out in years...

Man I have not pulled this thing out in years...
    In my best Steve Martin voice....."I break with thee, I break with thee...I break with thee (then I throw dog poop on your shoes)"

(I hope you're old enough to remember that)
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Quote Originally Posted by snal View Post
    In my best Steve Martin voice....."I break with thee, I break with thee...I break with thee (then I throw dog poop on your shoes)"

(I hope you're old enough to remember that)

LOL, I am!!

Quote Originally Posted by knifeman32 View Post
    Was this the polymer frame? Mine is all stainless. Perhaps this is the difference? As to other comments, it is bulky. I agree there. However, if I were to bet my life on any gun, I believe it would be my P90. I have to admit that it was a rather "cheap" gun but I really couldn't live without it. This is actually the gun that sold me on Ruger products in general.
    Pretty sure it was poly. It was all black.

LOL, I am!!
    LOL!...great! Sometimes my attempts at humor do a 360, and then a 180, and head south the long way
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Hey Snal, What is the difference between a 94 and a 95???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast