Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XDs sweet

XDs sweet

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    I went in to get a magazine and some +P 9mm and came out with this?

Should i keep it and shoot it or sell it?

A few with my glock 27 same profile but way thinner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by tsconver; 07-26-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    -------------------------

Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Licensed Class 3 Firearms Dealer
    Consulting on NFA Items

You have got to shoot it and give a range report. 50 or so rounds down the pipe won't hurt resale value at all.

Does a grip extension come on one of the mags?
    Like you've never googled "cripple with a dickbat" before. Fathead

Quote Originally Posted by Butter View Post
    Does a grip extension come on one of the mags?
    nope,no one makes on yet either is my understanding,sure someone will come out with one though.

looks like xd has a 7 round mage for it.
    Last edited by tsconver; 07-26-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Consulting on NFA Items

Lifetime Member
    Shootist
    Classified Feedback: 85 WNC Seabee's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can get a 7 round extended mag from Springfield. I'm LOVING my XD-s!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.- C.S. Lewis

Keep them both...Some days you feel like a Glock, some days you don't.
    I am quite fond of large posteriors, and I cannot tell a mistruth.

Not Subscribed New Member
    Hey tsconver can u take a pic just like the bottom right one but at eye level at the bottom of the grip so I can see the height difference without the mags in the pistols please if u get a chance. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tsconver View Post
    Should i keep it and shoot it or sell it?
    I would keep it. Not sure what you paid out the door, but if you choose to sell they are bringing a premium since they are still hard to find. Several on GB have sold over $600.

I bought my XDs about 2 weeks ago. Currently I have shot about 200 rounds through it without a hitch. Mostly 230gr FMJ and a few 230gr JHP. The only other striker fired semi-autos that I have owned are Glocks. This single stack .45 ACP is awesome! It has become my go-to CCW!

Here are some of my impressions of the XDs...

• Very manageable recoil for a sub-compact .45ACP! Noticeably better than my G36 or even the G30.
    • Nice trigger break and re-set. Very similar to Glocks!
    • Excellent concealability! I can carry it in the front pocket of my cargo shorts with minimal printing, but will be IWB carrying most of the time.
    • No problem with grip using the 5-round magazine. Very comfortable. I have average to large hands (XL gloves). Looking for a 7-round magazine for range and back-up.
    • I shot a little low and to the left at first. Concentration on sight location, and a firm/steady trigger pull brought it back on center.
    • Through 200 rounds I had no issues feeding, firing, or ejecting.

Very happy with my XDs! It's a keeper!!
    Last edited by MacA; 07-27-2012 at 06:23 AM.
    Mark
    MOΛΩN ΛABE (I dare you!)
    “The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.” – Thomas Jefferson (Unverified....but regardless of who said it...I like it!)

Quote Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
    You have got to shoot it and give a range report. 50 or so rounds down the pipe won't hurt resale value at all.
    I did a range report of the XD-S about 3 weeks ago, compared to Glock's slimline .45, the model 36.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B3XCIB View Post
    I did a range report of the XD-S about 3 weeks ago, compared to Glock's slimline .45, the model 36.
    I know several of you have done a range report. It is always good to hear first hand from many on their results, especially on a new line of guns. Besides, it is a reason to go shoot it.

Depending on your price, I would buy it from you.

The Springfield is becomeing the best pistol on the market for the money. In fact my next .45 is going to be a Springfield, I will send it to AP&W to get tuned up, then I would put it up against any 3k gun, and for a damned sight less money.

Finally took some pics of mine today. Thought I'd share here to help entice some of you "on-the-fence" folks...

Mark
    MOΛΩN ΛABE (I dare you!)
    “The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.” – Thomas Jefferson (Unverified....but regardless of who said it...I like it!)

Just picked up mine tonight, shop owner told me they are flying off the shelf. Going to the range tomorrow and put some rounds down range. Initial feel is very comfortable even with out the extended mag. I did find out that the only place to get that mag for now is from the Springfield store. Was also supervised at how well balanced it feels. Can't waight till tomorrow

give Chuck a call at Morris firearms . I picked up a 7 round mag yesterday .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-29 10.47.21.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	24406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-29 10.47.33.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	24407
    Quote Originally Posted by wk9k View Post
    Hey tsconver can u take a pic just like the bottom right one but at eye level at the bottom of the grip so I can see the height difference without the mags in the pistols please if u get a chance. Thanks!
    not a great picture, XDs is a 1/4" taller at the magwell, but other thanthat is the same sizein height and length.

Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Consulting on NFA Items

Not Subscribed New Member
    Hey thanks for the pics at that angle I havent seen a pic like that on any other forum. Yea they are very close thanks again. : )

Great Looking 45's, guys!

Thanks for the extra photos too. I like to check one out next gun show.

Quote Originally Posted by NCFlyfisher View Post
    Great Looking 45's, guys!

Thanks for the extra photos too. I like to check one out next gun show.
    Good luck finding them at a show anytime soon. I was looking for the XDs and the shield at the Charlotte show a couple weekends ago. None to be found. I found mine by checking in often at a local gun shop.

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster View Post
    Good luck finding them at a show anytime soon. I was looking for the XDs and the shield at the Charlotte show a couple weekends ago. None to be found. I found mine by checking in often at a local gun shop.
    That rare to fine one, humm? Just my luck! I like to see a photo of this with the 7 round extended mag (finger grip?).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast