Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk about your slippery slopes.............Ideological test for gun ownership???

Staff - Purveyor of Kydex Shootist Classified Feedback: 157 rantingredneck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Talk about your slippery slopes.............Ideological test for gun ownership???

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    http://townhall.com/columnists/jacob...uying_firearms

And this from Townhall.com. A conservative-oriented aggregator of opinion articles.

Ever made a post on this or another forum that could put you in a questionable ideological category???

I read that this morning and started to post about it. Decided it pissed me off so much I couldn't do so intelligently.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. --Ayn Rand

I'm cool...I mainly watch Dora the Explorer (multiculturalism), Elmo (acceptance of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds "monster"), and listen to VeggieTales music. The music is my biggest concern as Veggie Tales is a notorious Christian based cartoon which could label me as non-accepting of others religious, or lack thereof, belief systems.
    Kira Bray support site http://www.gofundme.com/deze94

Staff - Purveyor of Kydex Shootist Classified Feedback: 157 rantingredneck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trcubed View Post
    I read that this morning and started to post about it. Decided it pissed me off so much I couldn't do so intelligently.
    Yeah I read it yesterday and again today. I'm withholding the rant.......barely......

Hall of Shame Gunslinger
    Guess I would fail the test. I have the Gadsden Flag ,or to the uneducated on the true history of the flag.... Tea Party "Don't Tread On Me". I have the First National Flying as well. So I guess I would fail miserably. Since I'm a firm believer in my heritage and history of this Nation...... Ohwell!
    It really erks me that the news reported this guy had the Confederate Flag in his Apartment.. The idiot media cant take a moment to read book and understand it's true meaning Battle Flag.. So now they are going to profile people whether you can buy a firearm.

Blog Entries
    A couple of quotes:

even though someone like Page, "who fed and was fueled by hate" (as the Times put it), is far more dangerous than the average pot smoker or mental patient.
    No argument there that the average pot smoker or person with mental illness is very likely to be less dangerous than Page........

Once the database is created, it can be regularly updated with the names of people who express views like Page's -- who talk about tyranny, hypocrisy, or a "sick society," for instance, or who quote inflammatory proclamations like this one, frequently seen on the T-shirts and signs of right-wing lunatics: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." I don't mean to imply that violent extremism is limited to the right; when you consider the ideas expressed by Ted Kaczynski, a.k.a. the Unabomber, it is clear that left-wing critiques of capitalism also lead to murderous violence.
    But then there's this jewel...........

Nice.........So talking about the tyranny of our current FedGov and the hypocrisy of our politicians puts you in the same category as a white supremacist mass murderer apparently...........

Thomas Jefferson said "The tree of Liberty..."

I really admired Jefferson. Read a lot about him. Glad we finally found out he was a right-wing lunatic before this Liberty thing got out of hand.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. --Ayn Rand

Once the database is created, it can be regularly updated with the names of people who express views like Page's -- who talk about tyranny, hypocrisy, or a "sick society," for instance, or who quote inflammatory proclamations like this one, frequently seen on the T-shirts and signs of right-wing lunatics: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants.
    Oh, look....75% of this board just got disqualified. Myself included for quoting the phrases. D'oh.

If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSurfer View Post
    Oh, look....75% of this board just got disqualified. Myself included for quoting the phrases. D'oh.
    We've got to work on getting that number up...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trcubed View Post
    Thomas Jefferson said "The tree of Liberty..."

I really admired Jefferson. Read a lot about him. Glad we finally found out he was a right-wing lunatic before this Liberty thing got out of hand.
    Yep. Quoting Jefferson is now verboten.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    The answer to this question is straightforward: The purpose of having citizens armed with paramilitary weapons is to allow them to engage in paramilitary actions. The Second Amendment is not about Bambi and burglars — whatever a well-regulated militia is, it is not a hunting party or a sport-clays club. It is remarkable to me that any educated person — let alone a Harvard Law graduate — believes that the second item on the Bill of Rights is a constitutional guarantee of enjoying a recreational activity. - Kevin D. Williamson, National Review

Not Subscribed Senior Member
    Google "A Modest Proposal". The Jefferson quote being called "dangerous" should have been a giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    Google "A Modest Proposal". The Jefferson quote being called "dangerous" should have been a giveaway.
    I read this piece as complete satire, as well. The Jefferson quote convinced me. No way was the author serious.
    Folks that throw dirt on ya aren't always tryin' to hurt ya. And folks that pull ya out of a jam aren't always tryin' to help ya. But the main point is, when you're up to your nose in shit you keep your mouth shut.

Here come the thought police...
    If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    I read this piece as complete satire, as well. The Jefferson quote convinced me. No way was the author serious.
    Let's hope...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    The answer to this question is straightforward: The purpose of having citizens armed with paramilitary weapons is to allow them to engage in paramilitary actions. The Second Amendment is not about Bambi and burglars — whatever a well-regulated militia is, it is not a hunting party or a sport-clays club. It is remarkable to me that any educated person — let alone a Harvard Law graduate — believes that the second item on the Bill of Rights is a constitutional guarantee of enjoying a recreational activity. - Kevin D. Williamson, National Review

"The Brady Campaign correctly says "it is time we acknowledged" that the Second Amendment "guarantees the right to keep and bear arms." But the Supreme Court has said that right is subject to reasonable regulations aimed at protecting public safety."

Not the first time the SCOTUS has erred in their interpretation of law. Amendment II is pretty unambiguous and it is my opinion that for some folks, it's not so much an inability to comprehend the right, rather, a flat refusal to accept it.

I believe the right enumerated in Amendment II should be subject to one and only one regulation; all others fly in the face of liberty.
    "I never saw such fighting since God made me. The Americans fought like demons."

Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis
    The Battle of Guilford Courthouse, March 1781.

And David reached his hand into the bag, and took thence a stone, and slung it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead; and the giant fell upon his face to the earth.

Well, I've thought for years that liberals should not own guns.
    Check out my leather/kydex holsters here.

http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...rid-beltslides

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rantingredneck View Post
    Let's hope...
    Hope, indeed. I'm not convinced the author isn't being sincere. By leaving the Jefferson quote unattributed, it suggests he may be trying to satire the whole "dangerous ideas" argument being made on the left. I'm not so sure though...there are a lot of "Pro-2A" types out there that are only "Pro" when it's popular.

"The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks."
    Samuel Adams

"Lord, make me fast and accurate; let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If I only had my rifle;" and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me Home, let me die in an empty pile of brass."

Re-read these first three paragraphs:

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence says Sunday's deadly attack on a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, a Milwaukee suburb, shows "our elected officials" need to "do something." Slightly more specifically, the group says we should "Demand Congress Stop Arming Dangerous People."

I did not realize there was a federal program that supplies mass murderers with weapons. Obviously, this is a poor use of our tax dollars. Congress should not only eliminate this program but it should also prevent dangerous people from buying guns on their own.

But how do we know who is dangerous? The Brady Campaign mentions "convicted felons," "convicted domestic abusers," "terrorists" and "people found to be dangerously mentally ill." It omits a crucial category: people with dangerous ideas.
    Sounds like something straight from The Onion.

Not Subscribed Gunslinger cc2001's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
    Here come the thought police...
    Double Plus Good...
    “Meanwhile, planetary history has shown that vast powerful central bureaucracies don’t generally produce either general welfare or freedom or wealth, and science fiction writers have sort of noticed that — even as welfare liberalism has become a consensus among a large part of the literary elites in academia.” ~Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Club Subscribed Gunslinger Classified Feedback: 2 GoWolfpack's Avatar
    Suffolk, VA (formerly Rolesville and Tarboro, NC)
    I did not realize there was a federal program that supplies mass murderers with weapons.

Did not make it obvious enough it was satire.
    I cruise in the left lane while open carrying my Hi Point that I cleaned with WD-40 ten years ago.

Just remember, TANSTAAFL and when SHTF, IANAL and all my posts are IMHO, IIRC, and AFAIK; YMMV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast