Thread: Private party firearm sales in SC

Private party firearm sales in SC

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Not trying to start a firestorm here, but I was curious after looking at a couple of pistols for sale in SC. I can't find anywhere in the link below that says a private party in SC cannot sell a handgun to a non-resident. Admittedly, I Did not dig deeply, it's late and i'm tired, but I mean if the CCW's are reciprocal then they should stand as sufficient proof of eligibility for purchase. Anyhow, can someone point me to where it is documented.

http://www.sled.sc.gov/SCStateGunLaws1.aspx
    Tym
    -------------------
    Drinking problem?!?! Nah, I'm actually quite good at it.....

thats because Federal law states that all interstate gun sales or transfers MUST go through an FFL

Private party firearm sales in SC

Ahhh, the Feds..... I see. Thanks
    Tym
    -------------------
    Drinking problem?!?! Nah, I'm actually quite good at it.....

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
    source
    When life gives you jerks, I say make jerky treats.
    Bucky Cat

Federal law allows for out of state residents to purchase in another state, in certain cases of students or military. Out of state carry permit reciprocity has nothing to do with anything, except being able to carry.