Thread: 10/22 converion kit advice, comments, cuss words?

10/22 converion kit advice, comments, cuss words?

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    looking to make the ole stock 10/22 carbine something a little special, I like the idea of the nordic aluminum receiver upgrade to allow for ar add ons, but I don't know much about them. Anybody with experince or other better ideas for a relatively simple conversion starting point.

Sell your 10-22 to me and go buy one already built like you want.

Re: 10/22 converion kit advice, comments, cuss words?

Well im wanting a more ar style 22

Sent from North Cackalacky, mmm BBQ.

When I decided I wanted a dedicate AR .22 no one made anything other than the Ciener conversion. Using the Ceiner conversion bolt, I picked up a Vietnam era FN A-1 military takeoff upper at Knob Creek (1/12 twist), put it on a cheap Hesse lower, removed the gas tube plugging the hole in the sight block with a set screw and removed the buffer & spring. Then I took the butt-ugly Ciener mag, cut the top off a worn out 20 round aluminum AR mag and JB Welded it to the Ciener so that the seam didn't show (it was up the magwell) and painted it black. I labeled the gun .22 LR only by the ejection port.

It shoots great. This was years before the dedicated Spikes upper or Colt and S&W .22 AR guns.

Buy you a AR .22, then you can practice the same AR fundamentals at short distances without the cost of .223 ammo.
    Atlantis exists in fiction because it was sunk by a grey man.

Club Subscribed Gunslinger Phudd's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Nordic chassis is superb quality. They are not cheap tho. The Archangel kit looks good from a distance.
    A bill of sale is not required and has has zero legal weight. They are very much like the piece of toilet paper you use after the last one came up clean, it has no real value.

The price aint to bad if you got spare ar junk laying around.

I hate to do anything to my 10/22, but I ain't gonna get nothing out of it, which has led me down this ar clone path.

Sent from North Cackalacky, mmm BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by SinObyte View Post
    When I decided I wanted a dedicate AR .22 no one made anything other than the Ciener conversion. Using the Ceiner conversion bolt, I picked up a Vietnam era FN A-1 military takeoff upper at Knob Creek (1/12 twist), put it on a cheap Hesse lower, removed the gas tube plugging the hole in the sight block with a set screw and removed the buffer & spring. Then I took the butt-ugly Ciener mag, cut the top off a worn out 20 round aluminum AR mag and JB Welded it to the Ciener so that the seam didn't show (it was up the magwell) and painted it black. I labeled the gun .22 LR only by the ejection port.

It shoots great. This was years before the dedicated Spikes upper or Colt and S&W .22 AR guns.

Buy you a AR .22, then you can practice the same AR fundamentals at short distances without the cost of .223 ammo.
    And people talk about my Frank -n- Stein guns , I'll take a saw , torch , and welder to about anything to get what I want lol

Quote Originally Posted by kennyb313 View Post
    And people talk about my Frank -n- Stein guns , I'll take a saw , torch , and welder to about anything to get what I want lol
    Anyone can plunk down money to buy what they want. I am proud of building "exactly" what I want. My all Imbel hardware FAL has G1 butt stock & G1 grip, with L1A1 handguards, DSA rail dust cover and CNC Warrior muzzle brake. Looks good, too.

Franken-Guns, Inc.
    Atlantis exists in fiction because it was sunk by a grey man.

It just works for me, flat out shoots fast and accurate. Its lighter than most conversions with the tac-sol barrel about 3.5lbs
    Name:  DSC01446.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  97.6 KBName:  DSC01448.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  103.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SinObyte View Post
    Anyone can plunk down money to buy what they want. I am proud of building "exactly" what I want. My all Imbel hardware FAL has G1 butt stock & G1 grip, with L1A1 handguards, DSA rail dust cover and CNC Warrior muzzle brake. Looks good, too.

Franken-Guns, Inc.
    Yep I have a room in the back of my tattoo shop I tinker in. im working on a mosin now making it use a 20rd detach finnish mag . thought it would be fun to make

By the time you get done spending money on the Nordic and other fitments, you could just build a .22 AR:

Del Ton lower, CMMG upper, CMMG mags and Magpul most everything else.

Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

+55 trader rating from CSF (although I think that is shy about 20 from what it was before they pulled the plug.....)

What did you coat stocks with?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Club Subscribed Gunslinger Phudd's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NCLivingBrit View Post
    By the time you get done spending money on the Nordic and other fitments, you could just build a .22 AR
    I agree. The only reason I have one is cuz I won it.

These do look fun:

A bill of sale is not required and has has zero legal weight. They are very much like the piece of toilet paper you use after the last one came up clean, it has no real value.

If own a 22 and you don't really use it, then i see making it into something I want rather than having to give it away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2