Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BPM AR-15 not ejecting

BPM AR-15 not ejecting

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    I finally got around to bringing my AR to the range to dial the scope in. That went well but every 3rd round or so wouldn't eject and feed the next round. Sometimes it would eject but jamb the next round.

What should I look for? I'm out of ideas at this point.

BPM AR-15 not ejecting

Call them up. A friend had the same issue and they asked him to bring it over(we were only 15 minutes away). Andrew Barnes helped us out. Ending up changing the bolt carrier group then went over to his private range.
    You cannot legislate guns from the hands of criminals. You can only legislate rights from the law-abiding.

www.hollyspringsbuilders.com

Quote Originally Posted by sig229r View Post
    Call them up. A friend had the same issue and they asked him to bring it over(we were only 15 minutes away). Andrew Barnes helped us out. Ending up changing the bolt carrier group then went over to his private range.
    Hmm. I can call him but I'm not 15min away. I might just need to find someone local to CLT. I haven't got a clue on doing anymore then I did today. Not a fun time for sure.

I'm guessing you've already been shaking the Googlebush, but here is a link to an archive message over at ar15.com that has some suggestions and linked threads that might help you diagnose. good Luck with that.

http://3gn.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...&f=66&t=543926

For the crew here.

What ammo were you using?
    More details on the problem?
    Were there any really odd marks on the case?
    Did you try different magazines and different ammo?
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    I'm guessing you've already been shaking the Googlebush, but here is a link to an archive message over at ar15.com that has some suggestions and linked threads that might help you diagnose. good Luck with that.

http://3gn.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...&f=66&t=543926

For the crew here.

What ammo were you using?
    Wolf Steel Case

Were there any really odd marks on the case?
    No. Perfect

Did you try different magazines and different ammo?
    Just mags. My other BPM shot this same ammo without issues. If this one will not, it will be for sale.

If this is a NEW rifle, I would give it some rounds with brass cased ammo and some break in before I went to the steel case stuff. What brand steel cased? Cheap low power stuff?? ( just saw the Wolf ) It makes a difference.
    I wouldn't blame the rifle right away.
    I would try some higher quality brass ammo and note the ejection pattern with it.... could be a gas issue where cheap low power stuff won't cycle.
    Last edited by Dipper; 09-14-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
    If this is a NEW rifle, I would give it some rounds with brass cased ammo and some break in before I went to the steel case stuff. What brand steel cased? Cheap low power stuff?? It makes a difference.
    I wouldn't blame the rifle right away.
    Not blaming. Again, my other BPM used Wolf without issues. Andrew always said that ammo isn't a problem with his stuff. There's something going on and I'm sure it's a simple fix. It's just knowing and having parts on hand to diagnose. I'm sure Andrew will respond to my email and some how we'll take care of it.

Just out of curiosity will a Wolf steel case insert smoothly by hand to the proper depth and pull out smoothly?

Can you tell if the gas tube into the gas carrier key is lined up ok.

Did you dismantle the bolt to see if there is anything out of whack with it or the extractor? Maybe missing the black o-ring?

On you other BPM, did you start off with Wolf steel case or was Wolf used after you had baptized it with other ammo?

could be something as simple as a tight chamber and slightly out of spec steel cases.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    Just out of curiosity will a Wolf steel case insert smoothly by hand to the proper depth and pull out smoothly?

Can you tell if the gas tube into the gas carrier key is lined up ok.

Did you dismantle the bolt to see if there is anything out of whack with it or the extractor? Maybe missing the black o-ring?

On you other BPM, did you start off with Wolf steel case or was Wolf used after you had baptized it with other ammo?

could be something as simple as a tight chamber and slightly out of spec steel cases.
    Wolf only. No need to use other stuff per Andrew. Cycles fine manually (not firing).

Guess I need to figure out where this black o-ring is located.

Black O ring is on the extractor spring in the bolt. Pretty obvious if it has one.. I have some AR's with them and some without.

Quote Originally Posted by HPFilter View Post
    Wolf only. No need to use other stuff per Andrew. Cycles fine manually (not firing).

Guess I need to figure out where this black o-ring is located.

I spoke with Andrew today (BPM) and we're going to meet at his place so he can take a look. I have no doubt that he will be able to get it going within minutes. I'll be sure to update this thread...

Short stroke issue.

Re: BPM AR-15 not ejecting

What lube are you using?

Re: BPM AR-15 not ejecting

Last two posts made me giggle.

OEF 10-11 Pistoleer Classified Feedback: 26 backwoodsshooter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any updates?
    COG# 7K

Quote Originally Posted by NJSC View Post
    Totally disagree. And the mom looks like she put botox in her coffee every morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmr0317 View Post
    And used offset cantaloupes for her tit job.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef_Supreme View Post
    Short stroke issue.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsshooter View Post
    Any updates?
    I'll find out tomorrow and be sure to update this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post
    Last two posts made me giggle.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo95 View Post
    What lube are you using?
    Exactly what you told me to use, I'm a good student usually.

Quote Originally Posted by HPFilter View Post
    Why?
    Something to do with short stroking and lube I would suspect.

I'm sure Andrew will get you fixed up. I'm with you though, if won't run cheap steel I don't want it.

I would recommend two things:

(1) make sure your gas rings are all intact and lubricated
    (2) buy and install this: BCM Extractor Upgrade Kit

The only problem I've had with my BPM rifle was fixed when I corrected these two issues.

FWIW I run almost exclusively steel-cased ammo in my rifle (after lots of brass-cased-only snobbery).
    Steve Sellers
    Aesir Training
    http://www.aesirtraining.com

Psalm 144: 1, 2

Become the attack.

Why did I giggle?

Because they mention an issue with short stroke and lube... Obviously.

I got it, I giggled a little too.

Hope you get it fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast