Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asheville Gun Show Oct 6-7

Asheville Gun Show Oct 6-7

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Well, technically it's in Fletcher....

Anybody going to the gun show at the WNC Ag Center on October 6 and 7?

http://www.mkshows.com/cgi-bin/show_display.asp?21

I'll probably be down there one day to check it out. I'd like to find one of the Ruger 22/45 Lites or a Mark III.

Lifetime Member
    Shootist
    Classified Feedback: 94 WNC Seabee's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The last couple have been pretty good. I usually have good luck with private party sales there (buying and selling).
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.- C.S. Lewis

I'll likely be there Saturday. Great...this hits the day after I collect rent! Should we arrange another breakfast meet????? J&S had some goooood gravy!
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Re: Asheville Gun Show Oct 6-7

Nice since it moved from downtown hippietopia

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member
    Shootist
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snal View Post
    I'll likely be there Saturday. Great...this hits the day after I collect rent! Should we arrange another breakfast meet????? J&S had some goooood gravy!
    Oh yeah! We had quite the crowd last time!
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.- C.S. Lewis

Re: Asheville Gun Show Oct 6-7

I always found it amusing seeing people walking around downtown Asheville with shotguns and rifles during the show.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Asheville Thumper View Post
    I always found it amusing seeing people walking around downtown Asheville with shotguns and rifles during the show.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    I'd say that's one reason why the event is now held at the Ag Center

Funny...back in my 20's our shop was on Broadway...a main thoroughfare for the winos heading to Finklestein's Pawn for liquor money...I'd intercept when they were carrying rifles or shotguns.
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Quote Originally Posted by WNC Seabee View Post
    Oh yeah! We had quite the crowd last time!
    Maybe we should reserve a larger table this time...LOL!
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Lifetime Member Pistoleer lufbro's Avatar
    wish i wasn't so far away

yea i will swing by try to find some m118lr.

I found this coupon for $1 off admission to the show....every little bit helps right?

http://www.mkshows.com/images/coupon...OWS-COUPON.pdf

Lifetime Member
    Shootist
    Blog Entries
    Snal....did you make our reservations yet?

Who all is coming for the show and wants to get together for breakfast or lunch?

I haven't been to the show since it moved out of downtown.
    What is the entry fee now?
    Do we have to pay for parking?
    Just might try to attend this one.
    CF

Quote Originally Posted by WNC Seabee View Post
    Snal....did you make our reservations yet?

Who all is coming for the show and wants to get together for breakfast or lunch?
    Tried...but they apparently remembered me
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Chihuahua Floyd View Post
    I haven't been to the show since it moved out of downtown.
    What is the entry fee now?
    Do we have to pay for parking?
    Just might try to attend this one.
    CF
    $8...free parking
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

I should be there. I am not really looking for anything, but though about volunteering some time for GRNC.

Sounds like RugerJo will be joining me again...hopefully there will be a good selection of ladies carry options for her to try.
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Not a bad show. Saw more ladies than usual, and most of those ladies didn't have the "when can we leave" look on their faces...most seemed to be totally concentrated on making a buying decision.
    Only saw 2 CSC members..."shilowbush" and "Snipe". I sold 3 handguns, and only bought a couple of carry option items for RugerJo. Walked away from the cheapest SR1911 that I saw..$699. Only saw 3 others that were
    marked at $750 and $799. Had no luck finding factory Colt 9mm AR mags, one guy had 6 for $65 each! Lots of walkers offering Marlin 336's, 1894's, and 39a's...cheapest was a 336 for $300 and I passed on that even though
    it was pretty nice.
    Crowd was only medium till about noon when it started getting packed.
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

I got there about 11:00. Only wanted a couple hundref large rifle primers. was looking to see if anyone had a S&W 460 for a friend. Only saw one big smith and it was a 500.
    Did have my 23 year old daugther and the blond haired, blue eye little girl she was babysitting. Alternated carrying Millie and looking. Ran into a couple of friends.
    Did not take a trade piece as we had the little girl.
    CF

Quote Originally Posted by Chihuahua Floyd View Post
    I got there about 11:00. Only wanted a couple hundref large rifle primers. was looking to see if anyone had a S&W 460 for a friend. Only saw one big smith and it was a 500.
    Did have my 23 year old daugther and the blond haired, blue eye little girl she was babysitting. Alternated carrying Millie and looking. Ran into a couple of friends.
    Did not take a trade piece as we had the little girl.
    CF
    Did ya happen to have that little blonde cutie on your shoulders for awhile?
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast