Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So...now Paypal charges to send a gift?

So...now Paypal charges to send a gift?

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Just did the old, send it as a gift thing for something through PayPal....and it wanted to charge me a fee....well, that's new.

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

A small investment of your time in skill development and maintenance, professional development as well as attention to your weapons and equipment will pay off when the fecal material meets the wind pusher.
    What in the heck is my avatar?

Not new...been that way as long as I've used it.
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

I wonder if they are getting tired of people not being charged for sending a lot of money. Interesting, something to keep an eye out for.
    "My Pain Is Caused By My Pleasure"
    I've got Whisper's leg in a jar
    "They're pretty and all, and they're all Rugers"(Snal)

I've used the gift option and never charged a fee before. Something to watch for indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by snal View Post
    Not new...been that way as long as I've used it.
    That would be new to me.

PJ, I've sent and received money in the last few days using the Gift option. No fees. Just logged in and set up a payment marked as Gift, and it didn't assess a fee. You may have enough activity in your account that you triggered some threshold.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right, is of no consequence.

JT,

Did you try to send the gift using a credit card?
    CZ Addicts Anonymous

Power and dominion are taken by the will
    By divine right HAIL AND KILL

If its a row you want, I will cleave you in twixt!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.

Do not write, stamp or sign below this line.

might be a quantity of gifts issue...?
    -If guns kill people, spoons made Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnel fat!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfelipe View Post
    might be a quantity of gifts issue...?
    I believe you are right
    I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.

John Paul Jones

On 1 November 1777, he sailed for France in Ranger, carrying dispatches for the American commissioner and word of Burgoyne's surrender at Saratoga. Admiral La Motte Piquet returned Jones' salute at Quiberon Bay, France, 14 February 1778—the first time the new "stars and stripes" were recognized by a foreign power.

Re: So...now Paypal charges to send a gift?

I just sent a "Gift" this morning with no fees.

I've done it with a bank account and with a credit card.
    The only time there was a fee, was with the credit card.
    CZ Addicts Anonymous

Power and dominion are taken by the will
    By divine right HAIL AND KILL

If its a row you want, I will cleave you in twixt!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.

Do not write, stamp or sign below this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    JT,

Actually a debit card....switched it at last moment, figured it wouldn't make any diff....I guess it does.

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

A small investment of your time in skill development and maintenance, professional development as well as attention to your weapons and equipment will pay off when the fecal material meets the wind pusher.
    What in the heck is my avatar?

Ncreptile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    JT,

Bingo

Use a credit card and they charge you. Debit or any other method and theres no fee.

there is a fee if you gift the same person over a certain number of times.
    I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.

John Paul Jones

On 1 November 1777, he sailed for France in Ranger, carrying dispatches for the American commissioner and word of Burgoyne's surrender at Saratoga. Admiral La Motte Piquet returned Jones' salute at Quiberon Bay, France, 14 February 1778—the first time the new "stars and stripes" were recognized by a foreign power.

Mine is linked to a debit card and they've always charged me a fee.
    Snal~
    Certified Ruger Nut
    TOP Trading Post LLC

Yea card transactions cost a fee. I send a receive gifts all the time.
    Wanted
    22 mag ammo
    Land
    Benelli M4
    MP5

I think they are making money off the interest.....

On a side note I sold a item to a member here and I forgot to send a tracking number (my fault) . I think he started a claim or a non authorized charge on me and They wanted a tracking number to verify the item was shipped. SO I think they know people or going around the +4% charge that some people do when not sending as a gift.

Long story short the item was delivered on time and the claim wasnt canceled by him.....Paypal finally closed the case based on the tracking info I provided to them...What worries me is that I have sold guns to people thru paypal gift locally because they wanted to pay with a card and didnt have the cash or maybe they wanted to hide the purchase from their S.O.

What if this happend after I just threw it in the mailbox and mailed with a stamp or did an ftf deal?

Something to think about...
    Last edited by cfpkiller; 10-02-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Staff Shootist Classified Feedback: 25 Silver_Bullet's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I use a separate verified checking account for pay-pal. No way I am tying my main account to pay-pal! Never been charged a fee for gifting. If I need to pay-pal something I go to online banking and transfer a little money into the account tied to pay-pal first.

I thinks it's a good idea to open a separate account just for online purchases, and transfers of money. Keep only a few dollars in it to keep it open and transfer money in it as needed. With a verified account tied to pay-pal I don't think you will incur gift fees.
    Last edited by Silver_Bullet; 10-02-2012 at 08:52 AM.

When the 2nd Amendment speaks of a “well-regulated militia,” it means local groups of individuals operating to protect their own families, homes, and communities. They regulated themselves because it was necessary and in their own interest to do so. The Founders themselves wrote in the Federalist papers about the need for individuals to be armed.

Gun control makes people demonstrably less safe--as any honest examination of criminal statistics reveals. It is no coincidence that violent crime flourishes in the nation’s capital, where the individual’s right to self-defense has been most severely curtailed.
    (Ron Paul)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cfpkiller View Post
    What worries me is that I have sold guns to people thru paypal gift locally because they wanted to pay with a card and didnt have the cash or maybe they wanted to hide the purchase from their S.O.

What if this happend after I just threw it in the mailbox and mailed with a stamp or did an ftf deal?

Something to think about...
    Simple if you don't know them and they want to pay for your firearm using a credit card through pay-pal, transfer it to your verified account once you receive the payment, then once it goes into that verified account ,transfer it to another or withdrawal it. Also have the bank set up your account which you have tied to pay-pal where it can not be withdrawn into negative. Then if there is little money in the account, paypal can't take it back if the buyer files some false claim!

It's a 2-3 day wait, and your good to go.

Short story :Open a separate account for pay-pal! And only keep a few dollars in it at all time just to keep it open, don't let your money set in your account tied to pay-pal.
    Last edited by Silver_Bullet; 10-02-2012 at 09:11 AM.

When the 2nd Amendment speaks of a “well-regulated militia,” it means local groups of individuals operating to protect their own families, homes, and communities. They regulated themselves because it was necessary and in their own interest to do so. The Founders themselves wrote in the Federalist papers about the need for individuals to be armed.

Gun control makes people demonstrably less safe--as any honest examination of criminal statistics reveals. It is no coincidence that violent crime flourishes in the nation’s capital, where the individual’s right to self-defense has been most severely curtailed.
    (Ron Paul)

Re: So...now Paypal charges to send a gift?

Silver... that doesn't really help. If your paypal balance goes negative they will send it to collections.

However... a buyer using personal gift as payment can't really file a claim. They have no proof of purchase to fight with. Just keep your tracking numbers on record.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post
    Silver... that doesn't really help. If your paypal balance goes negative they will send it to collections.

However... a buyer using personal gift as payment can't really file a claim. They have no proof of purchase to fight with. Just keep your tracking numbers on record.
    Yes it does, because at least your not out any money. You can dispute collections on your credit report easily, as most collectors don't even counter the dispute, plus you got evidence with your dispute if you had tracking.

(Ron Paul)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast