Thread: North Georgia Reloading--Anyone Have Any Experience?

Resident "Nice" Enginerd Shootist Classified Feedback: 9 9outof10mms's Avatar

North Georgia Reloading--Anyone Have Any Experience?

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    About the only thing I grabbed at the Dixie Charlotte show yesterday was some 9mm ammo. I found a dealer called North Georgia Reloading who had the best price on target ammo. 500 rds for $100...115gr FMJ round nose, brass case. Not including the $7 admission, that's at or better than WalMart's best offering for 9mm. I don't reload (yet) myself, so that point is moot.

I had a small bit of hesitation since it's reloads, but I talked to the guy working their booth who told me several police departments near them order reloads for their officer training. I really don't know much about the reloading industry, but he mentioned being licensed and insured. Might have been a sales pitch, I don't know. They had a pretty large area for their store...maybe a whole "block" on the left hand side as you entered the main building. To me, someone who buys that much real estate at a gun show seems legit. My hesitation came from reading about problems with reloads bought at gun shows from unknown vendors. Specifically, trying to track them down if you had problems with the ammo. I figure these folks have been in business for several years and have a store front with an address..that shouldn't be a problem. Everyone else (Georgia Arms included) had a best price of $120 per 500. I did have one smaller vendor try to spark a conversation about "be careful with those folks' ammo...I've had problems with it" but then stopped when he saw the name (I guess he was assuming it was someone else's) and said "oh, nevermind...that's good stuff." Of course, he was selling bricks of 500 rounds for $130+.

I'll try some of it out at the range in the next week or so. Anyone else used their reloads before?

http://www.northgeorgiareloading.com/
    "A good solution applied with vigor now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later." - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

They are 06 FFL Licensed to manufacture ammo... couldn't sell it otherwise actually. As far as I know it shoots fine. I've had some .223 brass that had the primer holes drilled off center which sucks for a reloader but they'll shoot just fine for target ammo.

I've never had any problems with their ammo.

Re: North Georgia Reloading--Anyone Have Any Experience?

Ammo is fine, and good people. At the Fayetteville show a couple weeks ago, I bought quite a bit of reloading gear, and got a free pound of Win231!
    I will be buying more from them.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    www.tarheeltargets.com
    Quality target stands, AR steel targets, dynamic targets, and other shooting accessories....
    All at affordable prices...

Shooter ready? Stand by........

tarheeltargets@gmail.com

If memory serves I bought my first reloading setup from them at the Raleigh gun show back in 93. Carried Caitlin out and pushed stroller full of reloading supplies and equipment.
    CF

I have got reloading components from them for 20 years now, I bought a box of loaded 45-70 cow boy loads to test my trap door springfield with and my nephew got a box of 50 rounds to shoot my .308 reloaded in mil brass both preformed very well. I would not have a second thought about buying more loaded ammo if it is what I needed

Resident "Nice" Enginerd Shootist Classified Feedback: 9 9outof10mms's Avatar
    Well this is real good info. Looks like I scored well. $99 for 500 rounds. The brass is mix-match, but I don't care. If it goes bang and flies straight I'll be happy. That price is better than Tula (if you could find that much at one time) steel cased at Wally World. Heck, when you factor in the ability to keep the brass (as opposed to the steel case stuff), it'll be worth it to ship it if needed. Glad I found these guys.
    "A good solution applied with vigor now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later." - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.