Two Day Applied Self Defense Class Starting February 17th - Shoot to Live Training
Shoot to Live Training
Applied Self Defense
Sunday, February 17th 2:00-9:00
Sunday, February 24th 2:00-900
PDHSC in Raleigh
This thirteen-hour course over two days is a continuation of the previous Self-Defense Shooting and IDPA series. It reviews the basics and mechanics introduced during the previous classes and then develops them further with special emphasis on self-defense applications. Shooting on the move is developed and practiced since this is an essential skill in real-world defense.
The need for competition as a teaching tool in readiness-preparation for an attack is explained and emphasized. Numerous real life scenarios will be shot and critiqued so that each student will be made more aware of his individual strengths and weaknesses and may leave class with essential information to better prepare for an armed attack. This is not a “stand still and shoot at the target” course. ”Very intense” is a common term used by students to describe this class.
Reactionary targets are employed to add stress and give the student a better understanding of the "real time" pressure of a close distance gunfight.
Basic advice is given as to how to instruct your family members when they are unarmed and are threatened by an attacker.
This course also covers what to do if an attacker is found in the home and “gives up” prior to a shot being fired. How to control him before the police arrive without putting yourself in more danger is covered and practiced.
Very basic CQB (Close Quarters Combat) tactics, including full-contact counter measures introduced.
Items covered include:
• Safety Review
• Review of Basic Concepts and Mechanics from Previous Classes
• What to Do After a Self-Defense Shooting
• What to Say After a Self-Defense Shooting
• What NOT to Say
•The Combat Mindset
•The Color Coded Levels of Awareness
• Drawing from Concealment is Further Developed with Speed
• Controlled Pairs, Double Taps and Their Specific Applications are Covered in Greater Detail
•Learn How to React -- FAST!
•React to Visual Stimuli
•React to Appearing and Disappearing Targets
• Multiple Target Engagement with Speed is Further Developed
• Shooting on the Move
• Shooting from Retention While Striking the Assailant
•Experiencing Stress from the Use of Reactionary Targets
• Strong Hand Only Shooting
• Support Hand Only Shooting
• Man on Man Shooting Drills to Induce Adrenaline Flow
• How to Draw when Your Strong Hand Has Been Incapacitated
• How to Do Magazine Changes with Only One Hand
• How to Fix Malfunctions When One of Your Hands Has Been Incapacitated
• Shooting from the Kneeling Position
• Verbal Persuasion & Challenges (Verbally controlling the intruder of your home while you cover him with your firearm)
• Basic CQB (Close Quarters Combat) with Full-Contact Countermeasures