Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Determine Whether Walmart Has Ammo Without Getting in the Car

How to Determine Whether Walmart Has Ammo Without Getting in the Car

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Since I've seen a number of ammo threads in the past several weeks, and since some of them are Walmart related, I thought I would pass along something that might help. You can find out if the ammo you're looking for is available at Walmart without leaving your home first. Just go to the Walmart website and do a search for the ammo your want. Then, search for it locally at a Walmart near your home. If it shows in stock, then it should be on the shelves when you show up ... if you go quickly. This has worked for me 3 out of 4 times in the past couple of months. Just thought you guys might like this, since it might keep you from making one of those frustratingly fruitless ammo runs, thinking there might be some, but there's not.

Right now, I think it's worth it to try, because Walmart continues to have decent ammo prices in the current climate. Hope this helps.

thanks for the tip, I also just signed up for email alerts.

There was a thread on this a couple weeks back. It isn't always up to date. Last time I checked the website for my Greenville Walmarts, the updated date on the stock was still December. I checked the website in late January. Needless to say, I just check when I happen to be in a Walmart. Get lucky sometimes, but it's rare.

Yeah I tried it and it hasn't been accurate for me. At least for my local stores.
    A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read.

Quote Originally Posted by wally592:1038616
    There was a thread on this a couple weeks back. It isn't always up to date. Last time I checked the website for my Greenville Walmarts, the updated date on the stock was still December. I checked the website in late January. Needless to say, I just check when I happen to be in a Walmart. Get lucky sometimes, but it's rare.
    Yeah, I realized that when a store manager brought some 223 from the back while I was looking. That stuff was definitely not on the website!

I was the OP on checking the website. Many folks said it didn't work for them. I guess it's a toss up if it will work or not for you. I've had pretty good luck with it.

it will work most of the time only problem is you get some that have early delivery and others later.

It hasn't worked at all for me. I'm assuming that many times, they get bought out before they update the system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by wally592 View Post
    I went to the Taylors Walmart a couple of days back. They had 3 boxes of ammo on the shelves. 2 boxes 300 win mag and a box of 7 mag. never saw the shelves so bare.

USArmy 82-85, USMC 86-92 Gunslinger Classified Feedback: 54 jakerson9's Avatar
    I've been trying this since the original post - and for Walmarts around Winston Salem it does not seem to work - for me. I've had much better luck going to Atlas Firearms, here in Winston.
    * All firearms are always loaded. * Point firearms only at what you intend to shoot/destroy/kill. * Finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot * Be sure of your target and what is behind it *

I have been checking for a while , it seems to be wrong way more than it is right. some examples : a RH store had .223 last Wednesday , all sold out that morning , however it has been showing limited stock ever since.

Monroe WM was showing a colt AR 15 as in stock for several weeks , it was nowere to be found.

was in a store last week that had several types of ammo , checked while there and several hours later , showed up as out of stock

also several weeks ago I set up email alerts for all of the ammo I am looking for , several times it has been in stock since but I haven't seen the first email.
    Last edited by jjwestbrook; 02-08-2013 at 07:01 AM.

An employee told me the only way is to show up every morning at 7am when she stocks the cabinet, and another employee mentioned that most of the .223 was bought by store managers before it hit the shelf. He did say the managers were also subject to the 3 box limit.

I think part of the reason why this isn't working that well is how quickly the ammo is being bought, and how deep the crisis is.

At the very least, you can know that "out of stock" means don't waste a trip.

Ok for the 2 nd time in 2 weeks rock hill wal mart has shown the Winchester 555 bulk packs of 22's as "in stock " when we get there early the sporting goods manager said " no we haven't seen any 22's in a long time ". I even showed him the app on my phone where it was showing "in stock "

Quote Originally Posted by jjwestbrook View Post
    Ok for the 2 nd time in 2 weeks rock hill wal mart has shown the Winchester 555 bulk packs of 22's as "in stock " when we get there early the sporting goods manager said " no we haven't seen any 22's in a long time ". I even showed him the app on my phone where it was showing "in stock "
    Well, JJ, if you must know...I have it on good authority that they now recognize you coming in from the parking lot, hit a super secret James Bond like button on the counter that flips all the ammo shelves around to show them as empty.

The store is run by a raving environmentalist who is protesting the abuse of paper targets. I tried in vain to explain to him that you never actually HIT the targets, but he was unconvinced.
    Kira Bray support site http://www.gofundme.com/deze94

Quote Originally Posted by B00GER View Post
    Well, JJ, if you must know...I have it on good authority that they now recognize you coming in from the parking lot, hit a super secret James Bond like button on the counter that flips all the ammo shelves around to show them as empty.

The store is run by a raving environmentalist who is protesting the abuse of paper targets. I tried in vain to explain to him that you never actually HIT the targets, but he was unconvinced.
    That is a possibility. However I am leaning towards the idea that someone who works at this particular WM is getting a little extra from someone ( prob a local GS ) to let em know when it arrives an they buy it by the case .

Likely their inventory numbers are wrong. WM has automated (CAO) ordering. If the actual product on hand doesn't reflect the numbers in the system that is where you get problems.
    ...strip the flesh and salt the wound...

As a former WalDumb senior management employee, I can assure you that most stores inventory is so far off, I wouldn't drive across the street based on what they say they have. Hard to calculate what gets stolen by the customers, and even harder once you realize the employees steal more than that. Most of the stores I was very familiar with wrote off more than $1M of inventory a year. That number is not an absolute number, but a consolidated number with no consideration given to positive inventory pick-ups. Good luck in your journeys.

It's interesting that the ammo that is on the shelves ( shotgun shells , deer hunting calibers , ) seem to be right most of the time but the stuff that seems to be in demand isn't ( 22,9mm, 223, etc )

Quote Originally Posted by jjwestbrook View Post
    It's interesting that the ammo that is on the shelves ( shotgun shells , deer hunting calibers , ) seem to be right most of the time but the stuff that seems to be in demand isn't ( 22,9mm, 223, etc )
    The more the product moves the greater the chance of the numbers being wrong.
    ...strip the flesh and salt the wound...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast