Thread: Cheap place to get crushed walnut and corn cob for the tumbler

Cheap place to get crushed walnut and corn cob for the tumbler

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Where is the cheapest place to get crushed walnut and corn cob for cleaning brass in my tumbler?

I bought corn cob from Tractor Supply;found it in the section with pet bedding,I think.The crushed walnut I use came from Pet Smart;they sell it as lizard bedding.

Petsmart does sell big ol bags for pretty cheap.
    So well live,
    And pray, and sing, and tell old tales, and laugh
    At guilded butterflies

I bought mine from Wideners. But it s just an hour and a half drive for me to get there...
    NRA Lifetime Patron member. Firearms is my hobby and passion and has been so for many,many years. My motto is "To each, their own, just leave me alone"

I got a box of crushed walnut from Harbor Freight in Greenville.

+1 for lizard bedding (walnut). I buy at Tractor Supply or Petsmart.

+1 for Harbor Freight walnut media.
    UTG PRO MILITIA

I dont know how to shoot well, but I know how to shoot often. Teddy Roosevelt

Southern States for corn cob. Fifty pounds was real cheap.
    "The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind." - William Blake

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. C.S Lewis

Got a ten pound bag of walnut reptile bedding at Petsmart nearly two years ago and it is still going strong. With that sort of life, don't worry too much over price (although it was not expensive at the pet store). Just be sure you get 100% walnut shells without additives. Some bags contain eucalyptus or other "odor killers", which you do not need on/in your cases.

I use the lizard bedding. I had a bunch left over when my lizard died. Don't recall what I paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk