Thread: Today's HB 937 vote-Stay Tuned

Club Subscribed
    Blog Entries

Today's HB 937 vote-Stay Tuned

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Although only 14 stalwarts voted for concurrence on HB 937, we have received assurances from the Speaker's office that: (1) All provisions other than the purchase permit repeal will remain in the bill; (2) The limited campus carry will actually be slightly improved; (3) Although a full purchase permit repeal is unlikely (owing partially to the fact McCrory would likely veto it), negotiations are underway on a compromise which the Speak has said would satisfy all parties; and (4) The bill would be passed this year.

Consequently, we do not suggest beating on leadership yet. In coming days, GRNC will be working closely with conferees to ensure a strong bill is sent back to both chambers for concurrence. Additional details will be released as they become available.

(Mostly) great news! Thanks!
    "When you try to use bad means to achieve good objectives, the end result is likely to be that the badness of means will triumph over the goodness of the objectives." - Milton Friedman

I just want to hunt with a suppressor..... The other stuff is great n all but suppressor hunting is what has my interest in this bill. The pistol permit system is a drop dead point on this bill for to many liberals and power/money hungry sheriff's

Even if we lose on a few points this bill is still a great step forward. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Cheers,
    Whisper

the politicians love to bitch about all the phone calls and emails (and believe me, we've got better things to do than wear these clowns out all day) so I'd like to suggest that if the occupants of the legislature in Raleigh did a better job of two-way communication, they might not have so much aggravation from us.
    I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.

John Paul Jones

On 1 November 1777, he sailed for France in Ranger, carrying dispatches for the American commissioner and word of Burgoyne's surrender at Saratoga. Admiral La Motte Piquet returned Jones' salute at Quiberon Bay, France, 14 February 1778—the first time the new "stars and stripes" were recognized by a foreign power.

the politicians love to bitch about all the phone calls and emails (and believe me, we've got better things to do than wear these clowns out all day) so I'd like to suggest that if the occupants of the legislature in Raleigh did a better job of two-way communication, they might not have so much aggravation from us.

Ditto^^^^