Thread: What's for dinner?

What's for dinner?

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Usually on Fridays I run by the grocery store and pick up something a bit different than the usual, my wife could eat chicken every meal for the rest of her life and be content. Me on the other hand I like to eat and eat good food. Because the price to go out to eat and all these damn kids I've turned to learning to cook. I'm starting to branch out into shit I've never cooked before. The wife's outta town so I decided to go crazy and cook a Swordfish steak, eggplant, and pasta. The Scotch was just for good measure.

Join or Die..... Vote Libretarian
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis

Cool. Try shark steak next. Sautéed in butter.

If you grow tired of pasta as a side branch out to cous cous.
    Discount Chad's Warmonger Emporium
    For all your surplus needs
    http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...onger-Emporium

Quote Originally Posted by Chdamn View Post
    Cool. Try shark steak next. Sautéed in butter.

If you grow tired of pasta as a side branch out to cous cous.
    I make a pretty badass olive oil sauce for the pasta that I don't see myself getting tired of anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcgallim View Post
    I make a pretty badass olive oil sauce for the pasta that I don't see myself getting tired of anytime soon.
    Nice looking dish DC. I love eggplant especially grilled. Can you post that olive oil sauce recipe for those of us who might wanna try it?

Thanks in advance.

"Those of us who work for a living are growing very weary of those who vote for a living."
    Post #47 by 1911gobang on 6/20/13 here: http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...=1#post1175756

I use high quality olive oil, I like the California stuff because its 100% and not cut with lower quality stuff like some of the stuff you find. 3-4 cloves of garlic smashed then minced, a little oregano, a little more parsley, red pepper flakes. Dump you oil in a pan on simmer add everything else to it. Just let it simmer and the oil soak up the flavors while you cook your pasta. A few minutes before the pasta is done turn the heat up and let the garlic pieces caramelize you want it golden brown, if garlic burns it gets really bitter. I don't use a set amount of any ingredient I just add to taste. It doesn't take much more oil than just to cover the bottom of the pan.

When you cook your pasta cook it in saltwater. I'd like to draw a useful distinction, here, between salted water (which many wussy pasta recipes call for) and saltwater. Salted water is freshwater with some salt in it, which might taste a little bit salty, but is still essentially freshwater with some salt in it. Saltwater contains a horrifying amount of salt, tastes and smells like the ocean, and could never pass for freshwater with some salt in it, because it has ceased to be freshwater with some salt in it and has become saltwater, which, as you might now suspect, is why we are calling it saltwater..

Yeah pasta water should taste of the sea.

*high* quality olive oil is bogus.
    there NO standards in the USA.

quote:
    70 percent of the extra virgin olive oil sold worldwide is watered down with other oils and enhancers making them far from virgin.
    link:
    http://www.draxe.com/fake-olive-oil/
    but, don't take his word for it...Google it....you'll see.
    the Fourth Amendment does not protect communications held in electronic storage, such as email messages stored on a server, because internet users do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy.