Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Shot heard around NY

  1. #1

    Shot heard around NY


    Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    S.C.O.P.E is organizing "The Shot Heard Round NY", taking place at noon on Jan. 11, 2014. The idea is that everyone who can goes out and fires the loudest gun they have at noon(in a safe direction, of course). I'm not a member of S.C.O.P.E, but I'll be participating and am trying to spread the word. I'll be out there with my dad, my fiance's brother and his grandpa and my brother in law. Five 12 gauges will make some noise.

    https://www.facebook.com/events/6540...4050314616236/


    Stole that post from another forum...

    I don't do FB so I don't have any other info to give. Lol
    I believe in free men, free markets, the rule of law under the Founder's Republic and that the Constitution extends to everyone regardless of race, creed, color or religion. I most especially believe in the right of the people to keep and bear arms as the ultimate guarantor of liberty. - Mike Vanderboegh

  2. #2
    They need to do something to proclaim their freedom. I would think that shooting towards the governor's house would be the best place to aim.

  3. #3
    Well I disagree with you when you say (((they need to do something)). This is why some states are losing their rights when people only fight for what is affecting them personally. It is easy to target small groups of people. I keep hearing people say look at what is happening to those people in that state that will never happen here we will not let that happen here we will fight. Whether you like it or not when one state loses their rights it does affect you for example try traveling to New York to visit a friend or family and try and take your weapon with you there's a good chance you will be locked up for a long time, the next way this will affect you is did you ever hear that term, how do you eat an elephant one bite at a time, and that is what they are trying to do to us, but if when they take that first bite, that elephant turns around to fight who do you think will win. If all the people in the gun culture do not stick together eventually there will be no gun culture, if you think something as simple as a state boundary line protect you I think you are mistaken. Whether you like New York or not has nothing to do with this battle, either we are all in it together or we will lose. I'm not exactly sure how we can help the people in New York and California and any other state where people are losing their rights but if there's anything we can do we should do it. And I don't just mean giving a little money to the NRA, I am sure there's a lot of smart people in the gun culture I hope that somebody can figure out a way we can help.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdp751 View Post
    Well I disagree with you when you say (((they need to do something)). This is why some states are losing their rights when people only fight for what is affecting them personally. It is easy to target small groups of people. I keep hearing people say look at what is happening to those people in that state that will never happen here we will not let that happen here we will fight. Whether you like it or not when one state loses their rights it does affect you for example try traveling to New York to visit a friend or family and try and take your weapon with you there's a good chance you will be locked up for a long time, the next way this will affect you is did you ever hear that term, how do you eat an elephant one bite at a time, and that is what they are trying to do to us, but if when they take that first bite, that elephant turns around to fight who do you think will win. If all the people in the gun culture do not stick together eventually there will be no gun culture, if you think something as simple as a state boundary line protect you I think you are mistaken. Whether you like New York or not has nothing to do with this battle, either we are all in it together or we will lose. I'm not exactly sure how we can help the people in New York and California and any other state where people are losing their rights but if there's anything we can do we should do it. And I don't just mean giving a little money to the NRA, I am sure there's a lot of smart people in the gun culture I hope that somebody can figure out a way we can help.
    Well said.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdp751 View Post
    Well I disagree with you when you say (((they need to do something)). This is why some states are losing their rights when people only fight for what is affecting them personally. It is easy to target small groups of people. I keep hearing people say look at what is happening to those people in that state that will never happen here we will not let that happen here we will fight. Whether you like it or not when one state loses their rights it does affect you for example try traveling to New York to visit a friend or family and try and take your weapon with you there's a good chance you will be locked up for a long time, the next way this will affect you is did you ever hear that term, how do you eat an elephant one bite at a time, and that is what they are trying to do to us, but if when they take that first bite, that elephant turns around to fight who do you think will win. If all the people in the gun culture do not stick together eventually there will be no gun culture, if you think something as simple as a state boundary line protect you I think you are mistaken. Whether you like New York or not has nothing to do with this battle, either we are all in it together or we will lose. I'm not exactly sure how we can help the people in New York and California and any other state where people are losing their rights but if there's anything we can do we should do it. And I don't just mean giving a little money to the NRA, I am sure there's a lot of smart people in the gun culture I hope that somebody can figure out a way we can help.
    "They" are the people that voted for "their" states government so "they" definitely need to do something. "I" need to help insure that "my" state does not elect liberal morons that will try to restrict my rights. I also need to help vote for federal representatives that will do the same. "I" cannot do a Damn thing to help someone in NY change their laws. If New Yorkers want to start a rebellion against unconstitutional laws, then I can help them in a more direct way. Until the majority wakes up to their slowly eroding rights, they are screwed.

  6. #6
    IMO, shooting a bunch of guns off at the same time is the last act of a simpleton populace that has long ago lost control of their neighborhood. Akin to bailing out a sinking boat with a thimble. No chance. If they want to succeed, they need to employ someone who wears a suit and tie, not someone who wears a Dale Earnhardt t-shirt.

  7. #7
    Yeah everyone get together and fire a bunch of guns into the sky, that will show em your not happy with their laws....

    In the news this evening, crazy gun nuts started going wild all over New York - The media

  8. #8
    It's an act of rebellion. It needs to start somewhere. Maybe it will lead to an organization like grnc. Maybe it will lead ti sparking a little fear in the politicians. Maybe it will lead to mass arrests. Who knows? At least they are doing something.

  9. #9
    At least they are doing something. This may be the beginning of.....

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdp751 View Post
    Well I disagree with you when you say (((they need to do something)). This is why some states are losing their rights when people only fight for what is affecting them personally. It is easy to target small groups of people. I keep hearing people say look at what is happening to those people in that state that will never happen here we will not let that happen here we will fight. Whether you like it or not when one state loses their rights it does affect you for example try traveling to New York to visit a friend or family and try and take your weapon with you there's a good chance you will be locked up for a long time, the next way this will affect you is did you ever hear that term, how do you eat an elephant one bite at a time, and that is what they are trying to do to us, but if when they take that first bite, that elephant turns around to fight who do you think will win. If all the people in the gun culture do not stick together eventually there will be no gun culture, if you think something as simple as a state boundary line protect you I think you are mistaken. Whether you like New York or not has nothing to do with this battle, either we are all in it together or we will lose. I'm not exactly sure how we can help the people in New York and California and any other state where people are losing their rights but if there's anything we can do we should do it. And I don't just mean giving a little money to the NRA, I am sure there's a lot of smart people in the gun culture I hope that somebody can figure out a way we can help.
    I posted this on another forum and was blasted it for it over there. It was in reference to an article written by a liberal and how he said we would never have a armed revolution in this country no matter how many rights they attack. I agreed with the author, but not for the same reasons, and here is the reasons I gave:

    "The silent quiet war is what will erode the rights in this country.

    The game plan is to take just a little tiny finite piece at a time because it is acceptable to the government that the citizenry will stand up vocally but will never see the need for a armed revolt. Most don't or won't see this coming and the ones that do will never be able to convince the majority that it is happening. So there is a line that gets drawn in the sand but we'll keep moving that line because we will be made to think it's logical to do so to avoid violence. If it were done all at once (such as a full gun confiscation) it would be a huge revolt in this country but we will never see it coming until it's gone. Anytime you hear the government trying to sell the citizens, you will hear words such as "it's for our safety" or "it's a common sense solution" you can bet we are about to see a huge hit against the Bill of Rights!

    So we will continue to just rely on the "peaceful solutions" such as a hope to elect all the right politicians, trust they will defy the special interest groups that helped get them elected, and trust that they will do the right thing. In the mean time they will appease the money man and continue to attack the Bill of Rights just the right amount so that the majority will never arise.

    So I will say we will never see a armed revolt in this country because the majority will be tricked into believing there is never a need for it!"
    www.peacebetothishouse.com

    James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

    Things are that way for a reason. A picture of a gun or a t-shirt with a gun or a pastry shaped into a gun isn't a danger to anyone, but it is a threat to the ideology that the government should have a monopoly on violence. This is about indoctrination. drypowder 2013

  11. #11
    I get the act of rebellion/middle-finger approach, but I just don't see it working long term. Best they can hope for is a flash-in-the-pan mention on the news. It's possible of course that they will by chance attract some attention from someone who can help them at the State House, but it's unlikely.
    Paul Valone will tell you also, the best ammo you can have in a fight like this is Pro-Bono Attorneys.

  12. #12
    Not Subscribed
    Gunslinger

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by levellinebrad View Post
    "They" are the people that voted for "their" states government so "they" definitely need to do something. "I" need to help insure that "my" state does not elect morons that will try to restrict my rights..
    Fixed the quote for ya. Moron politician doesn't know party designation and isn't limited to liberals. There have been and currently are plenty of so called conservatives that are just as happy to try to take away liberties that they don't agree with.

    Quote Originally Posted by golfer View Post
    So we will continue to just rely on the "peaceful solutions" such as a hope to elect all the right politicians, trust they will defy the special interest groups that helped get them elected, and trust that they will do the right thing. In the mean time they will appease the money man and continue to attack the Bill of Rights just the right amount so that the majority will never arise.

    So I will say we will never see a armed revolt in this country because the majority will be tricked into believing there is never a need for it!"
    I had a similar conversation with my mother the other day. While she agrees that things in this country are likely going to get squirrelly sometime in the next decade, she insists that it won't become violent. I attribute a lot of that to wishful thinking.

  13. #13
    The main problem, as I see it are those who constantly say "I don't see what's wrong with (insert small bite of lost liberty)".

    I don't see what's wrong with the NSA...

    I don't see what's wrong with gun registration...

    I don't see what's wrong with collecting phone records...

    I don't see what's wrong with an AWB...

    I don't see what's wrong with stop and frisk...

    I don't see what's wrong with Obamacare...

    And on and on...

    The truth is that "I don't see what's wrong with X" is really "I don't WANT to see what's wrong with X". There are so many who are absolutely convinced that the government is always our friend, protector, and is basically flawless in its grand goals. When that viewpoint is challenged you can see their eyes glaze over and their decision that you are just a conspiracy nut turn on in their mind.

    But for those who don't believe an armed response will glean any lasting results...well an armed response back in the 1770's is still having a pretty lasting effect today.
    So we’ll live,
    And pray, and sing, and tell old tales, and laugh
    At guilded butterflies

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •