Sold 2 Year Old Yorkie

Discussion in 'Not Gun Related' started by shogun, Apr 16, 2017.

1. shogun

shogun Registered Member

Unfortunately due to our work schedules we are gonna have to put our male Yorkie up for sale to a good home. We are not able to spend enough time with him and feel he should be with a family that can devote more time to him. His name is Finn and he is completely house broken and loves to play fetch. He's a very good dog and is super smart. We really hate to make this decision but we know its not fair to him to not be home as much with him as we'd like. We are looking to sell him for $500 or I may possibly trade for a pistol of equal value depending on what it is. I'm located in Monroe NC
    Resized952017031695195557.jpg Resized952017030395211259.jpg

2. bigfuzzy

bigfuzzy Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

what size?

3. shogun

shogun Registered Member

He's a full size yorkie....he's 10lbs.

4. ArbowAxle

ArbowAxle Registered Member

Selling a dog because you are to irresponsible to make time for............. Jerk Off

5. gunn24

gunn24 Member

6. Kris

Kris Registered Member

I know a family that would really love the dog and spend lots of quality time with him but they are not going to pay $500 for him. Maybe $50.. Tell Finn I said I'm sorry and hopefully he'll get a better family soon!!! SMH

7. shogun

shogun Registered Member

Instead of you 3 douche bags trying to be viewed as immature teenagers on this site then maybe I should enlighten your hollow skulls with a little more info. We've provided a good home for our dog but considering I work 3rd shift and she is a full time nursing student and works a full time job in healthcare then it's not exactly a perfect situation for us to keep our dog in. If you ladies have never owned a purebred dog then let me give you some further knowledge that they are not cheap so therefore he isn't gonna be cheap when he is rehomed. If you ladies pay $500 for a pistol that you don't have time to shoot on a regular basis then why don't you post it for free on here for it to go to a good home to someone who can shoot it more frequently? Showing the depth of your narrow minded brains on here with those comments isn't exactly gonna get you real far with people who actually know how to think before they speak.

mball572 likes this.
  8. tobrooks

tobrooks Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

In Shogun's defense I had a Yorkie for 16 years(he had to be put down about a year ago) and they do need a lot of attention. Peoples lives change and we all have mortgages ect. to pay. We were lucky we were older and stable so he was able to get the attention he needed and we still miss him. I don't think we should judge him as a person as we don't know what his situation is other than what he said in his original post. These are not cheap dogs. Now that being said I myself(and this is just me because you cant understand and judge at the same time) I would do whatever is best for the animal with no concern for monetary compensation. This is just my .02 and not trying to side either way. I hope it all works out for the best for you and the dog. Thanks Tommy

mball572 and shogun like this.
  9. Thad

Thad Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Great looking dog! I too have a Yorkie - a black and white one weighing an impressive 7 lbs. I paid far more than $500 for him. Yorkies are great dogs. Advertise well and I suspect you will have no trouble getting $500 and placing your dog in a good home. Best of luck to you in your efforts!

Thad

image.jpeg

shogun likes this.
  10. 61Hawk

61Hawk Registered Member

Seriously, you're comparing a living creature to an inanimate object? As the owner of five dogs, all rescues of which two are purebreds... and including a litter three puppies why don't you do the obvious choice and take him to a no-kill shelter? If you're concerned about finding him a good home cut your financial loss and do the best thing for him. Sounds to me like getting your money back for him is as important to you as finding him a new home.

11. shogun

shogun Registered Member

Yes sir you are absolutely correct, I am trying to get a portion of our investment back while finding him a good home. I'm not exactly gonna give away a $1000 dog to just any Joe Blow who claims they can't afford him but would love to have him....of course they'd love a free well taken care of purebred Yorkie for free...who wouldnt? He's well fed and we'll taken care of now guys so dry the tears from your soft cheeks and stand up to pee for once...we just don't have the time to play in the yard with him like we'd like...remember what for Forrest Gump said "shit happens"! On a serious note though life changes guys and every now and then so does a dog's ownership so yall ladies quit bashing my for sale post before yall are late to get your nails done!

mball572 and Black Dog like this.
  12. 61Hawk

61Hawk Registered Member

"Give a way a $1000 dog to just any Joe Blow"... ignore the money part, the money is already gone. Find a reputable no kill shelter in your area and they'll do the work for you. A shelter will likely find a better adopter than you will if you can't find someone you know willing to take him. If you found the perfect person, would you be concerned about the $500? Small dogs, especially pure breds, at a reputable shelter will be gone within two days... most have lists of people wanting specific breeds and most reputable shelters require a $300-$500 donation depending on the dog, as well as a home inspection so there's little chance of him going to a bad home. A friend once told me it was easier to adopt a kid than a dog with certain shelters.

Story time. It's how I ended up with 3 rescue puppies to go along with my two senior dogs, I had them all adopted out with people I worked with and they all came back for one reason or another. I told them when they took them that I'd take it back at any time, no questions asked. My vet put their picture and story up on Facebook and it got shared over 1000 times and I had people all up and down the coast trying to adopt three mixed breed mutts. I finally had them put up a message saying they were all adopted because my phone was blowing up. Can I afford 5 dogs, yes... do I have the time to spend time with 5 dogs, yes... can they be a pain in the ass and tear up shit, I just replaced $300 worth of blinds because someone got scared of being inside the house by himself while I was mowing the yard and thought they were all outside... would I get rid of them, no.

13. Bigwes336

Bigwes336 Registered Member

Leave the guy alone it's his "property " he can do what he wishes with the dog every one has to put there two cent in on how great of a dog owner they are but the bottom line is it's his dog he can sale and do what he wants I'm honestly surprised the mods haven't stoped this already it's just like a selling a gun your not allowed to bash those people why should all of you holier than thou people be able to good luck with your sale man

mball572, shogun and Mr. Warren Peace like this.
  14. rogue

rogue Registered Member

If you're worried about the dog, pony up the cash and take care of it. Otherwise, well, you know.

JHorne, chromerunner and shogun like this.
  15. shogun

shogun Registered Member

Finn has found himself a great new home with a local retired couple who plans on taking him when they travel....and we were able to rehome him for the $500 we were asking instead of free like a select few on here were hoping for!

JHorne, tobrooks and mball572 like this.