Thread: High Point Pistols, Question for a Friend

High Point Pistols, Question for a Friend

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    I have a friend that is considering buying a High Point pistol in .40 caliber. He has asked me about them and I really don't know anyone that owns one. I am looking for input from owners especially of the .40 models. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Too bulky and heavy. Save up and get a S&W Sigma for ~$300.00

People will be quick to slam the Hi Point. They sure ain't pretty and they are heavy, but they are low priced and go bang every time the trigger is pulled. For someone on a budget and just wants a nightstand gun, there is nothing wrong with the Hi Point.
    The ONLY time that you can have too much ammunition is when you fall out of a boat.

X2

They are good beater guns.

Not Subscribed Senior Member

Hi Points

Take Hi Points for what they are.They are dependable.They are blocky looking.They are decently accurate.They do function most of the time just like any other semi automatic pistol perhaps moreso than some.They are inexpensive.They are fun.They have the best customer service and warranty in the firearm business bar none.In short they ARE a bargain.

Stan

I have several 9mm carbines, and the compact 9mm and 380 from Hipoint. The 40 and 45 are on the large frame.... none of the guns are pretty and they are probably the worst. Low cost and lifetime warrantee. Mine have been very reliable. If they want a 40 the next step up is probably a Taurus for $350-380. If they are not looking at a specific caliber, Hi Point's smaller line the CF9 (9mm) for around $150 and CZ82 (probably the best buy, but no warrantee and will probably be mail ordering 9x18) are good buys. I've seen some Ruger P95s in 9mm from Buds for $303, that may be worth them saving up for.

U. S. Military Gunslinger jdramsey1's Avatar
    Once again, the only people that knock Hi-Points are those that do not own them. They are the best bang for the buck IMO.

Thanks for the input. He is specifically wanting the .40 in order to consolidate calibers. He will use the High Point for a "woods" gun so it will get beat up. His normal carry gun is a Glock 27 so he understands a higher quality firearm. Right now his work hours are short and the High Point is more in his budget than anything else.

U. S. Military Gunslinger jdramsey1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew-G17
    Thanks for the input. He is specifically wanting the .40 in order to consolidate calibers. He will use the High Point for a "woods" gun so it will get beat up. His normal carry gun is a Glock 27 so he understands a higher quality firearm. Right now his work hours are short and the High Point is more in his budget than anything else.
    The hi-point is his ticket for the intended use he wants

Not Subscribed Senior Member Woody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer
    People will be quick to slam the Hi Point. They sure ain't pretty and they are heavy, but they are low priced and go bang every time the trigger is pulled. For someone on a budget and just wants a nightstand gun, there is nothing wrong with the Hi Point.
    What he said.

Inexpensive, reliable, fun and ugly as a triple-bagger once the beer goggles wear off.

My boss has -one- handgun, a C9 he got off a guy on here. He shoots whatever 9mm is the cheapest, doesn't even know how to strip/clean it and it still goes bang every time and hits what he's aiming at.
    Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

+55 trader rating from CSF (although I think that is shy about 20 from what it was before they pulled the plug.....)

Kinda wish I had kept that pistol, but I needed cash to buy the P-11.

Anyway, they are good guns. I can't add anything new, but your friend should be happy with the purchase.
    To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people.

A Fish Called Wanda