Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FEG PMK .380? what do you know? **PICS**

FEG PMK .380? what do you know? **PICS**

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    a guy I work with has an all blue one with one mag he wants to sell me, the price is more than fair from what I see online, are they decent little plinkers, and possibly serve ok as a devoted truck gun?

whats the skinny

the good the bad the ugly?

I love mine never jamed. good gun

I had one in 9x18 Makarov and it was a nice little gun, but the recoil was a little sharp from the light alloy frame. Should be better in .380.
    Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

+55 trader rating from CSF (although I think that is shy about 20 from what it was before they pulled the plug.....)

Hall of Shame Shootist

Hall of Shame Shootist
    :thumbup1:I presume that this is the same gun, but with different markings. Perhaps a couple of tiny differences.

It was the very first gun I ever owned and it taught me (more than once) about "slide-bite".

Excellent weapon and built like a Soviet brick.

pretty much, yea, his asking price is fair, and I was thinking about getting it and feeding it a steady diet of gold dots for a ew range trips and if all is well stick it in the truck indefinately as a "break down" gun on road trips.

Hall of Shame Shootist

Talking

If you like the price then I suggest you immediately purchase it. The gun is great.

A Kel-Tec P3AT is lighter and smaller but, again, this gun feels like a gun, not a toy. It is solid and definitely feels like the same people that built AK-47's built this handgun.

Buy it!

Hall of Shame Shootist

thanks.

hes bringing it tomorrow to let me look it over, ill have cash in hand just in case.

I could be wrong but I thought they only made these in 9x18mm. Had one - great gun and very accurate/ natural pointer. Initial DA trigger pull is heavy (not a bad thing) and then it is SA with a nice trigger pull.

i have one in 9x18 the 2 tone looking one. i believe you can purchase .380 barrels for them.

good gun for the money and was my CCW until i saved up for my kimber.

FEG makes excellent guns. However, if I were you, I'd do some gunbroker searches, and varous WTS forums just to see what these are selling for these days, first. I know about a year or so ago they could be had for around $150 or so, but I have no clue what one would be worth now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought they only made these in 9x18mm. Had one - great gun and very accurate/ natural pointer. Initial DA trigger pull is heavy (not a bad thing) and then it is SA with a nice trigger pull.
    Nope, they made .32 (FEG AP9) and a .380 (PMK 380) versions as well after the 9x18 proved so popular.

One thing I would suggest is getting the Wolff heavier recoil spring, or it's a little snappy.

+55 trader rating from CSF (although I think that is shy about 20 from what it was before they pulled the plug.....)

Hall of Shame Shootist
    Mine is an SMC-380 in, you guessed it, .380

Quote Originally Posted by NCshooter26 View Post
    FEG makes excellent guns. However, if I were you, I'd do some gunbroker searches, and varous WTS forums just to see what these are selling for these days, first. I know about a year or so ago they could be had for around $150 or so, but I have no clue what one would be worth now.
    I sold one with three mags and a box of ammo for around that a couple of months back (basically wanted back what I had in it), they don't seem particularly expensive even now.

talked to him last night, its the PMK version in 380, very attractive pistol from what I can ell,

Hall of Shame Shootist
    Quote Originally Posted by NCLivingBrit View Post
    Nope, they made .32 (FEG AP9) and a .380 (PMK 380) versions as well after the 9x18 proved so popular.

One thing I would suggest is getting the Wolff heavier recoil spring, or it's a little snappy.
    You wouldn't happen to know the difference between an "SMC-380" and a "PMK-380", would you?

:001_huh:

What makes my SMC different from his PMK?

Quote Originally Posted by Demon613 View Post
    You wouldn't happen to know the difference between an "SMC-380" and a "PMK-380", would you?

:001_huh:

What makes my SMC different from his PMK?
    Probably finish. The standard finish for these FEGs is blued upper, polished lower (odd for a military pistol, but quicker and cheaper to make).... Yours looks to be blue on blue, so that might be the difference in code?

picked it up today, its a FEG PKM in 380, blue on blue, fantastic shape and feels just like a walther aside from the chinsy grips, i found a fellow in the UK making wood grips for them for about 50 bucks shipped and there halla nice. im may shoot it and if it grows on me ill get it duracated black on black and put some nice grips on it

Hall of Shame Shootist

Wink

PICS OR BAN!

:79:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast