Thread: Savage Edge evaluations

Club Subscribed

Blog Entries

Question Savage Edge evaluations

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    I am looking for someone that owns this rifle who will give an honest opinion of the gun. If you do not want to say in the open forum, please PM me. I am looking for something to use as a gunsmith "learning" experience and I understand it uses the Mauser Action.

Also looking to buy one in .223 if anyone knows where I can get a good deal on one, let me know.

Thanks in advance

*****Please move this to Rifles and Shotguns. I was not paying attention this morning*****

Not Subscribed Gunslinger snubbie's Avatar
    I have not personally been "introduced" to one. However, I also am interested in the .223. I've read up on it and have read reviews from everything from gun writers/testers to Bubba's review on multiple shooting forums...I've read virtually nothing of significance that is negative. Seems numerous people are getting sub 1" groups @ 100 yds right out of the box. It's billed as an "entry level" rifle yet it seems everyone is surprised and amazed that it seems as accurate as rifles costing 2-3 times as much. Also made in the good ole USA.
    I think Dick's, Gander Mtn, Bass Pro etc, most of the big boxes may have them. I'm going to see if my local owned shop can order me one. I'd just rather by from the little guy if I can.
    Gloria In Excelsis Deo!