Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Legal to carry at raleigh fair grounds flee market?

  1. #1
    Ncreptile
    Guest

    Legal to carry at raleigh fair grounds flee market?


    Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    I know you cannot carry to the fair and anything they requires tickets.
    However the flee market does NOT require tickets.

    Can I open carry or not?

    I have not noticed any "no carry" signs..

  2. #2
    All entrances to the fairgrounds are posted.
    Lucas Apps
    Editor at Triangle Tactical
    Host of the Triangle Tactical Podcast, available in iTunes, Stitcher, on the website.
    CSC Staff Writer

  3. #3
    Ncreptile
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
    All entrances to the fairgrounds are posted.
    Is this concealed or ANY carry?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncreptile View Post
    Is this concealed or ANY carry?
    This I'm not sure. Pretty sure its any carry, but I'd have to check the sign again.
    Lucas Apps
    Editor at Triangle Tactical
    Host of the Triangle Tactical Podcast, available in iTunes, Stitcher, on the website.
    CSC Staff Writer

  5. #5
    Flee market is free to get in..but when the fair comes around it is off limits due to admission correct?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    Flee market is free to get in..but when the fair comes around it is off limits due to admission correct?
    The entire fairgrounds is off limits because it is posted.
    Lucas Apps
    Editor at Triangle Tactical
    Host of the Triangle Tactical Podcast, available in iTunes, Stitcher, on the website.
    CSC Staff Writer

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
    The entire fairgrounds is off limits because it is posted.

    I haven't been to the fairgrounds in years other than fair but I didn't have my CC permit either. Thanks

  8. #8


    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Lucas Apps
    Editor at Triangle Tactical
    Host of the Triangle Tactical Podcast, available in iTunes, Stitcher, on the website.
    CSC Staff Writer

  9. #9
    So open carrying is good to go.
    Friends are always welcome.

    Family - must make an appointment.

  10. #10
    Ncreptile
    Guest
    Thanks for posting and confirming my assumption.
    I oc maybe 2% of the time but next gun show I plan to visit the flea market after.

    Special thanks to FlatFendee for pic.

  11. #11
    Fair ground is off limits for any carry, it is state property and they way they get around it for gun show is they are given a permit for the show.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
    Fair ground is off limits for any carry, it is state property and they way they get around it for gun show is they are given a permit for the show.
    That isn't how it is signed. Just being state property doesn't exempt it from carry.
    Lucas Apps
    Editor at Triangle Tactical
    Host of the Triangle Tactical Podcast, available in iTunes, Stitcher, on the website.
    CSC Staff Writer

  13. #13
    easy to answer this .Pick up the phone and call the NC state fairgrounds Police department an ask them.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Have gun-will travel View Post
    easy to answer this .Pick up the phone and call the NC state fairgrounds Police department an ask them.
    Police departments often don't know the law either. They will also likely give the "safe" answer of "No" just to be sure
    - Daniel

    “The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” -Carlos Castaneda
    Follow me on Twitter

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by cartisdm View Post
    Police departments often don't know the law either. They will also likely give the "safe" answer of "No" just to be sure
    I think any of the officer that works at the fair grounds should know the "LAW".Ask for the Chief .He will know. If I arrest you you can bet your a$$ I'll know the state law that I'm charging you with.I don't see why anyone would want to carry a gun in the open.Think about it .The bad guy see's your gun and you are the first casualty .It ain't rocket science.

  16. #16
    Staff Shootist Classified Feedback: 25 Silver_Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SC / NC State Line (Eastern Carolina)
    Posts
    11,370
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Have gun-will travel View Post
    I think any of the officer that works at the fair grounds should know the "LAW".Ask for the Chief .He will know. If I arrest you you can bet your a$$ I'll know the state law that I'm charging you with.I don't see why anyone would want to carry a gun in the open.Think about it .The bad guy see's your gun and you are the first casualty .It ain't rocket science.
    Or more than likely the bad guy see's you with a gun, and your the one he leaves alone. Think about it. How many officers, who open carry, are attacked while walking along not confronting anyone. Common since people. Your theory is from the liberal play book. Liberals want us to believe a gun openly carried by good people will cause crime, this is not true. If every woman was to carry a gun, a man would be less likely to attack her. Would you attack and rob the innocent individual who doesn't appear to be armed, or would you rob the individual who is carrying a firearm on there side? Common since (have gun-will travel). It's not rocket science.
    Last edited by Silver_Bullet; 05-16-2012 at 04:08 PM.

  17. #17
    The dirt is actually OWNED by the STATE.....

    ZERO carry....

    That's why I don't go. The flea Mkt started charging 1.00 admission to keep the CC crowd out. My wife said "pack it up, we're outta here..."
    I guess all the mexicans and ragheads are skeered of us southerners with our big, scary guns.....
    www.tarheeltargets.com
    Quality target stands, AR steel targets, dynamic targets, and other shooting accessories....
    All at affordable prices...


    Shooter ready? Stand by........

    tarheeltargets@gmail.com

  18. #18
    Staff Shootist Classified Feedback: 25 Silver_Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SC / NC State Line (Eastern Carolina)
    Posts
    11,370
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911gobang View Post
    The dirt is actually OWNED by the STATE.....

    ZERO carry....

    That's why I don't go. The flea Mkt started charging 1.00 admission to keep the CC crowd out. My wife said "pack it up, we're outta here..."
    I guess all the mexicans and ragheads are skeered of us southerners with our big, scary guns.....
    Yep your right.

    Here's the law:
    C&P
    Events Occurring in Public: It shall be unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated with, or
    present as a spectator at any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any
    private health care facility or upon any public place owned or under the control of the State or any of
    its political subdivisions to willfully or intentionally possess or have immediate access to any
    dangerous weapon.
    §14-277.2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •