Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Moore's Machine Company AR-15

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 5:9 View Post
    I have owned bushmasters with issues
    Having owned a Bushy, and having shot a few more, I don't doubt it. And with their recent acquisition by Cerberus I'd imagine it's even worse today.

I see complaints about COLTS I am sure they all had there quirks to work through.
    Complaints about Colts? How many rifles out of tens of thousands have an issue? A miniscule amount by comparison, I'd wager. I hate all "the chart" nonsense. But there is a reason Colt, LWRC, LMT, Daniel Defense, et al rank at the top of the food chain.

Most of us want MMC to succeed. But when Delton can produce a decent plinker that shoots 1 MOA for $650, MMC has some work to do. Sorry ... thems the breaks.
    Lt Col (Ret.) Allen West in 2016

Earnestly learning why lotsa eye relief on a scoped Remington 7600 carbine in .35 Whelen is a very good idea.

I talked to a guy I worked with a week or so ...he was so excited to show me pic. of his new toy... a simple AR... I asked him who's it was... MMC... we chatted about the past issues and supposedly they have hired a guy blah blah blah.....after hearing some of the crap this "guy" had told him I now know I will never own any of there product.

"We built stuff for Colt" "The same people that build lowers for the Gov. build our lowers" "We have Gov. contracts to make up for what Colt can't"....and a few others I can't recall..... He said this "guy" after building his rifle went into an area and fired of 10 rounds comes out hands over the rifle and states..."here you won't have any problems with it".... he might be right.....

As stated above I'd love for MMC to make it but the way they started and now the way this seem to be running... not for me... Good luck to all of you @ MMC...including you Matthew 5:9....

Lots of companies build minor parts for others, does not mean they will ever figure it out. I will not own a mmc anything

Moore Machine in Sanford.

Barbour Machine in Apex.

Del-Ton in Elizabethtown.

All make AR's.

There's another I can't think of right now.

Moore's does very high quality specialized machining work for a number of large companies.

All the Best,
    D. White

Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post

Barbour Machine in Apex.

All make AR's.

Moore's does very high quality specialized machining work for a number of large companies.

All the Best,
    D. White
    Did you mean Barnes Precision Machine in Apex?
    Si Vis Pacem, Para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post

Barbour Machine in Apex.

All make AR's.

All the Best,
    D. White
    I wouldn't even put Moore Machine in the same conversation at Barnes Precision or Del-Ton. When that many people have bad experiences with the same company there are some significant QC issues. BPM manufactures high quality parts and complete AR platforms. Del-Ton makes a good entry level AR.

Holy crap, did they carve that bolt out of a charcoal briquet?

Does the carrier key look misaligned to anyone else?

My brother bought two of those piece of junk MMcs,and neither one would cycle more than 2 rounds before jamming.They are now at our local gunsmith,who is cussing my very name for letting my brother buy them (though I did'nt know until they had been purchased). Our gunsmith and me were both local SRT members,so we've shot pretty much everything,and worked on them too.My personal advice; stay away from MMC crap!!! Unless you want to melt it down to make something decent from it.......

DAMN! this thread almost made it a year

Quote Originally Posted by spuddicus View Post
    DAMN! this thread almost made it a year
    I've noticed there's been a few threads resurrected. One was a BST ad that was a year old lol.

Sent from my VS910 4G
    "My fist must never become un-clinched, eternally prevailing against, I must endure the misfortune and bring starvation for those who hunger for my defeat!"

A friend of mine has an mmc upper with a fluted stainless barrel. It's been okay and cycles but it doesn't say anywhere on the barrel what it's chambered in, .223 or 5.56. When calling to ask for him I was told "if its not stamped on the barrel I don't know what to tell you." ....great, thanks for the shitty customer service!

So yesterday 04MAR2013 I bought one of these unaware of it was. (Bought it after having no sleep in a few days so all i saw was me buying an AR, oh well)It had some cool guy stuff, it was all dressed in MAGPUL furniture but the rifle itself feels chinsy. I feels and looks like a good deal of the parts specifically the BCG, are cast not machined. The surface is rough and porous, the surface of both receivers and the barrel have the same kind of feel. I haven't fired it yet because I'm afraid ill not be able to return it. But so far the magazine release works right, everything feels tight, minus the trigger which feels like it needs to be filed somewhere. It's not enough for the money especially when there is DPMS for the same money, or S&W M&P for just a tad more. Maybe if MMC ever makes their name bigger they'll care.

Good luck getting any of that fixed. They have horrible customer service.

I handled one of these a month ago, due to a friend buying one and immediately having problems with it.

His had an overly tight chamber. After chambering a fresh round, you'd have to "mortar" the gun to unchamber a round.

Things I saw "wrong" with it. These things might not matter to some people. He spent $700ish for his. I'd rather spend another $100, and get something better (the PSA AR I had, was leaps and bounds better).

-Tight chamber
    -Tapco furniture
    -ProMag mag supplied with it
    -1/9 twist barrel instead of 1/7 (not a big deal, but...)
    -Gas key not even close to being properly staked
    -castle nut not staked
    -no pressure testing marks on BCG
    -Semi auto BCG
    -non f-marked fsb

Quote Originally Posted by Repo_13 View Post
    So yesterday 04MAR2013 I bought one of these unaware of it was. (Bought it after having no sleep in a few days so all i saw was me buying an AR, oh well)It had some cool guy stuff, it was all dressed in MAGPUL furniture but the rifle itself feels chinsy. I feels and looks like a good deal of the parts specifically the BCG, are cast not machined. The surface is rough and porous, the surface of both receivers and the barrel have the same kind of feel. I haven't fired it yet because I'm afraid ill not be able to return it. But so far the magazine release works right, everything feels tight, minus the trigger which feels like it needs to be filed somewhere. It's not enough for the money especially when there is DPMS for the same money, or S&W M&P for just a tad more. Maybe if MMC ever makes their name bigger they'll care.
    I long for the day that I can afford to accidentally buy the wrong AR because I wasn't paying attention. Well done sir, well done.
    I am quite fond of large posteriors, and I cannot tell a mistruth.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456