Thread: Amex closing - Greensboro

Not Subscribed Gunslinger Red Cent's Avatar
    McLeansville, NC by way of WV SASS #29170L

Amex closing - Greensboro

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Amex is closing its call center in Greensboro. Reportedly 1900 employees are involved.
    Life is too short to argue with stupid people amd drink cheap booze

Sounds like another Call Center's jobs being shipped over to India.

I swear I have never witnessed a country that worked so hard against it's citizens in encouraging jobs leaving the country.

Regards,

MD

Maybe they can get a job at Allstate....I called their call center three times Tuesday and got the same guy every time....He could not speak a lick of English...

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Sounds like another Call Center's jobs being shipped over to India.

I swear I have never witnessed a country that worked so hard against it's citizens in encouraging jobs leaving the country.

Regards,

MD
    Capitalism at its finest....

Angry

It is really sad for the people here in GSO, but a few friends there don't really say anything about India. They already have two larger centers in Ft. Lauderdale and Phoenix, and according to one there were already 1/3 of the seats in GSO not filled. The call volume for AMEX has dropped tremendously due to expanded use by customers of the web.

One specific IT guy has been with them more than 20 years. He was offerred a chance to move to FL, work from home virtually or take 1 year pay in severance. He is thinking about moving, so NC still loses. Of course your average CS person is not going to be able to move on their own to AZ or FL, so they will have to take a severance depending on their years of service.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post

I wouldn't call it capitalism when the government writes regulation after regulation, after regulation, after regulation, after regulation to overburden business and make shipping jobs over seas more fiscally sound that keeping jobs at home.

Quote Originally Posted by beesouth View Post
    Maybe they can get a job at Allstate....I called their call center three times Tuesday and got the same guy every time....He could not speak a lick of English...

Allstate has way too many people at that call center, trust me...

Quote Originally Posted by Shellshock1918 View Post
    I wouldn't call it capitalism when the government writes regulation after regulation, after regulation, after regulation, after regulation to overburden business and make shipping jobs over seas more fiscally sound that keeping jobs at home.
    That's kind of what I'm talking about. For years the government has heaped on the regulations, and at times practically offered added incintives if the companies did offshore the jobs.

And both Democrat and Republican administrations have participated in it, to some degree.

Regards,

MD

Quote Originally Posted by pingman27410 View Post
    It is really sad for the people here in GSO, but a few friends there don't really say anything about India. They already have two larger centers in Ft. Lauderdale and Phoenix, and according to one there were already 1/3 of the seats in GSO not filled. The call volume for AMEX has dropped tremendously due to expanded use by customers of the web.
    This is also the information I caught on the news yesterday. The jobs aren't being sent overseas, they are being redistributed to some of the other semi-local places because the call volume has dropped so much with so many more people using the net services instead of calling in. Not to mention, I bet a lot of people have wised up and have closed a lot of their credit card accounts the past few years.

Not Subscribed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 613jmm View Post
    This is also the information I caught on the news yesterday. The jobs aren't being sent overseas, they are being redistributed to some of the other semi-local places because the call volume has dropped so much with so many more people using the net services instead of calling in. Not to mention, I bet a lot of people have wised up and have closed a lot of their credit card accounts the past few years.
    I know I have...Trying to send every extra dime to get my stuff paid off...Getting close:>)

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    As opposed to?
    Painter/Armorer
    War Sport Ind .LLC

AR, Remington, Glock, Sig, 1911, M1A/XD certified Armorer. Saiga/AKM tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    That's kind of what I'm talking about. For years the government has heaped on the regulations, and at times practically offered added incintives if the companies did offshore the jobs.

And both Democrat and Republican administrations have participated in it, to some degree.

Regards,

MD
    And the Demands of the American worker have nothing to do with it? Americans are some of the most compensated workers in the world, the problem is they always want more for less. A classic example of the is the automotive industry.

If you have to pay a guy $ 25/hr to produce something and the cost to purchase it is $ 200 in the US, if you can outsource it, get the same quality, that worker might be paid $ 10/hr and your cost is $ 95.

For a bunch of people that preach freedom and liberty and capitalism why is it you get bent out of shape when this happens. It is simple economics that drives these decissions (and yes profits are part of the economy).

Something people have neglected to see is that our economy has gone from an industrial one to a service based one as well.
    The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself"