Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Noveske

  1. #1

    Noveske


    Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    I'm sure this has been discussed before but does anyone have experience with the noveske switch block? I'm thinking about giving myself a finishing my Army service rifle.

    Going with a Noveske 10.5 light shorty with VIS and Switchblock, a gemtech or aac can, and loopdeedoop Delta Point reflex.

  2. #2
    PS: Reason for my choice of Noveske (Not just because they're awesome!) but also because I'm from the same town they're made in.

  3. #3
    No experience with the switch block, but noveske makes some damn fine rifles, and Oregon is a beautiful state went up there twice last year. Also what the hell is a loopdedoop reflex???
    "Like a mustache with titties"

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek8404 View Post
    No experience with the switch block, but noveske makes some damn fine rifles, and Oregon is a beautiful state went up there twice last year. Also what the hell is a loopdedoop reflex???
    hahaha Leupold I call them Loopdedoops!

  5. #5
    Ohhh ok gotcha. I could not figure that one out. Just looked at that rifle on their site. Damn that thing is sweet. Definitely post some pics if you get it. Are you going back to Or. When you get out?
    "Like a mustache with titties"

  6. #6
    Good lookin reflex. I it were me I would put a aimpoint micro on it.
    "Like a mustache with titties"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek8404 View Post
    Good lookin reflex. I it were me I would put a aimpoint micro on it.
    You think? I remember this SF guy that was with me in Afghanistan that had a one of those short reflex's on his M9. I loved that thing, figured it would be decent on a carbine. I'll have to check out the Micro though.

    Yeah I'm headed home! Going to school to get my Bachelors in Nursing, and eventually my CRNA Masters.

  8. #8
    If you plan to run it hard i dont even think noveske recommends goin with their switch block.
    http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...since=&status=
    Read the last paragraph of this.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bcammons21 View Post
    If you plan to run it hard i dont even think noveske recommends goin with their switch block.
    http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...since=&status=
    Read the last paragraph of this.
    I believe that is referencing the clamp on style they have show and say that you should get the pinned switchblock/barrel combo for hard use

    "We recommend a pinned gas block for Military, Law Enforcement, and Self Defense use. Rifles, Uppers, and Barrels are available with a pinned Switchblock for these applications."

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KWCAM View Post
    I believe that is referencing the clamp on style they have show and say that you should get the pinned switchblock/barrel combo for hard use

    "We recommend a pinned gas block for Military, Law Enforcement, and Self Defense use. Rifles, Uppers, and Barrels are available with a pinned Switchblock for these applications."
    Good call.... Im an idiot. :90:

  11. #11
    Thanks for the help guys! Yeah It'll be my work horse. I want to have the ability to shoot subsonic ammo for better suppression.

  12. #12

    Switchblock

    I have one with several hundred or more rounds through it. It is the pinned on type.
    Seems to function as described; however, I found it advisable to rotate it several times after shooting to insure the carbon does not somewhat lock/block it from turning smoothly at a later time.
    My first attempt of turning it after several hundred rounds over a period of months with no turning was frustrating and required sitting with several drops of solvent working its way into the mating areas. Once free and with a bit of thought thereafter it has not been a problem.
    Again, It does function properly in both configurations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •