Thread: New Ruger 22/45 Models with factory threaded barrels

Staff - Purveyor of Kydex Shootist Classified Feedback: 148 rantingredneck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New Ruger 22/45 Models with factory threaded barrels

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Interesting:

http://www.ruger.com/products/2245Th...el/models.html

Not on my short list of things I want, but I'm glad to see them offering these models.
    The answer to this question is straightforward: The purpose of having citizens armed with paramilitary weapons is to allow them to engage in paramilitary actions. The Second Amendment is not about Bambi and burglars whatever a well-regulated militia is, it is not a hunting party or a sport-clays club. It is remarkable to me that any educated person let alone a Harvard Law graduate believes that the second item on the Bill of Rights is a constitutional guarantee of enjoying a recreational activity. - Kevin D. Williamson, National Review

I wish they would put out the factory threaded model in the Mark 3. I had a 22/45 and traded it off because I could not shoot it nearly as well as the Mark 2 or 3 models.
    Do not trust atoms, they make up everything.

Staff - Purveyor of Kydex Shootist Classified Feedback: 148 rantingredneck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm tit for tat with both. I've got an early 22/45 (before the mkIII version and lawyer features) a Mark II and a Mark I. I shoot them all about the same.

I don't particularly care for the magazine disconnect, lock, and loaded chamber indicators and have sold every MKIII that I've owned eventually.
    The answer to this question is straightforward: The purpose of having citizens armed with paramilitary weapons is to allow them to engage in paramilitary actions. The Second Amendment is not about Bambi and burglars whatever a well-regulated militia is, it is not a hunting party or a sport-clays club. It is remarkable to me that any educated person let alone a Harvard Law graduate believes that the second item on the Bill of Rights is a constitutional guarantee of enjoying a recreational activity. - Kevin D. Williamson, National Review

Quote Originally Posted by rantingredneck View Post
    I'm tit for tat with both. I've got an early 22/45 (before the mkIII version and lawyer features) a Mark II and a Mark I. I shoot them all about the same.

I don't particularly care for the magazine disconnect, lock, and loaded chamber indicators and have sold every MKIII that I've owned eventually.
    Ditto, thats why I went with the MKII 22/45 also. I do like those RP ones though, I might pick one up anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by morgantm View Post
    Ditto, thats why I went with the MKII 22/45 also. I do like those RP ones though, I might pick one up anyway.
    Yeah, the RP models do add a bit to balance out my not wanting the newer features.

I like the top rail, don't care for the bottom, not a pistol I would be putting a light on, and it looks kinda stupid.
    "Like a mustache with titties"

I guess I have one of the lawyer models(Mark III Hunter). I like the threaded barrel option on the 22/45, any recommendations on a silencer for this model?