Thread: Safe/RSC guys- What do you think of the Centurian D20 (Liberty)

Safe/RSC guys- What do you think of the Centurian D20 (Liberty)

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    I've got an overflow issue with the primary safe. Need another one.

I'd rather have two 500lb safes (grade 8 bolted to slab foundation) that I can move. Having a 800lb monster isn't in the cards for me. Any opinions on this one?
    12Ga steel, fire rated, dial lock w/key. Primary defense is crackhead burglary/smash and grab. I went and looked at one and it seems pretty solid. I understand that no safe will protect against a skilled thief, I just want to make the job hard enough so they choose another house.
    I can get this one for $550 cash.
    My "good" safe has the electronic dial and I really like it, not one problem in the seven years I've had it. I've used dial locks before and don't mind them, they just aren't as fast as the digital. One downside to the dial is I have to pay a locksmith if i want the combo changed, but I don't anticipate needing that done.

20 Cu. Ft. Black Gun Safe

•Meets or exceeds the California Department of Justice standards for a firearm safety device under CA Penal Code section 12088, et seq.
    •1" thick composite fire door to resist prying and increase fire protection
    •22 long gun capacity
    •12 gauge steel body
    •UL RSC rated 12-gauge box with triple hard plates to resist drill attacks
    •Color: Gloss Black mar-resistant textured finish
    •30 min. certified fire rated with a 62000 BTU rating
    •S&G combination lock
    •3-in-1 Interior
    •4 - 1" locking bolts
    •19.2 cu. ft.
    •limited lifetime fire/breck-in warranty

http://www.lowes.com/pd_291281-10283...y Liberty Safe
    W.E.C.S.O.G. Certified Armorer
    "Will work for Varget"

Ive got the same make safe as you are looking at. It is pretty nice. Has a good amount of room and is def a heavy beast. It has internal hinges and 3 large locking bolts.
    The door alone probably weighs in at about 75 lbs Id guess.

I have a safe and need another but I don't have a place to put it right now. I think the Centurion is a good box. I would shy away from the electrononic key pad in favor of the tumblers of the old style. But that is just me.$550.00 sounds like a good deal ...will they deliver???? Free.!!!! That would be important to me.
    Just my thoughts.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
    Thomas Jefferson--

Quote Originally Posted by paragain View Post
    I have a safe and need another but I don't have a place to put it right now. I think the Centurion is a good box. I would shy away from the electrononic key pad in favor of the tumblers of the old style. But that is just me.$550.00 sounds like a good deal ...will they deliver???? Free.!!!! That would be important to me.
    Just my thoughts.
    I found one used locally. I have to pick it up.
    "Will work for Varget"

Quote Originally Posted by bcammons21 View Post
    Ive got the same make safe as you are looking at. It is pretty nice. Has a good amount of room and is def a heavy beast. It has internal hinges and 3 large locking bolts.
    The door alone probably weighs in at about 75 lbs Id guess.
    The one I looked at had 4 1" locking bolts. Is yours the D20?
    "Will work for Varget"

I will have to look and see. I honestly havent really paid much attention since I bought it from my brother.
    Ill get back to you with the model though.

I've got one of those. No issues out of it - but the center "sportsman" rack/shelf is a pain. I've been planning to cut it up for a while now but haven't gotten around to it. I have a hard time getting 6 long guns in to 1 side as it shipped.

I may just call them up and see if I can get the standard "U" cutout shelf instead.

And YES the CN20 has 4 bolts.

Slacker my safe is the D20 rated for 30 min at 1200*

I have the same exact safe for one of my personal safes. So far so good..but luckily have never had to put it through someone trying to break in it, or a fire.

looks like a good deal to me

I bought my Liberty Centurion through Costco. I believe it is 30 cf? I paid $799 delivered upstairs. I hope I never have to get that thing outta there, will be tough. They run safe specials all the time. Different models/manufacturers, good deals and will deliver. Talton's quoted me $300 delivery for less than 20 miles.