Thread: Replacing the sights on my Norinco 1911A1

Replacing the sights on my Norinco 1911A1

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    I am tired of trying to shoot this great gun with the teeny little GI sights and my bad eyes, so I'm taking the plunge and swapping out the sights after a bit of research.

First, does anyone have a recommendation for a good pair of night sights that use the series 70 narrow tenon for the front sight? I only seem to get Brownells links on "The Googles" and I loathe their website something awful. Right now I am leaning towards the Meprolight but that would mean filing it down to fit the narrow tenon (or opening up the hole for the larger post and I am not sure I want to do that.....).

Also, has anyone improvised a decent tool to replace the crazy-pricey specific staking tools? I am doing this -once-, so I really don't want to buy a custom tool for it.....

The sights look to be just the ticket, but like I said.... I don't really want to drop $50 on a tool I am going to use once.