Thread: Pure-Gas.org -- Ethanol-free Gas Stations

Resident "Nice" Enginerd Shootist Classified Feedback: 8 9outof10mms's Avatar

Pure-Gas.org -- Ethanol-free Gas Stations

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    In my attempt to find a gas station that does not have any ethanol blended in with gas, I've found this website: http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp They're trying to list all the ethanol-free stations.

Add a station if you know of one not on the list: http://pure-gas.org/add

I'm bummed...the station I've been using (Exxon at Graham & I-85) apparently has it. The wife told me this morning. I've not seen a sticker...so maybe I keep using the pump that they "forgot" to sticker?! I'm told that some stations will just risk the fine rather than lose the business by not advertising the 10% ethanol.

This ethanol crap is just that: crap. It's like adding water to beer. Nothing but a scam for the gas industry to make more money.

+1000

Great post - thanks for sharing. You're exactly right. Ethanol additive damages engines, burns less efficiently requiring us to buy more gas and breaks down when stored quicker than gas without that crap added in. Not even mentioning what that subsidy has done to the price of corn and that effect on the price of food.

Club Subscribed Gunslinger Classified Feedback: 2 GoWolfpack's Avatar
    Suffolk, VA (formerly Rolesville and Tarboro, NC)
    Apparently the airport a few miles from my house has ethanol free gas. Sounds like I'll be needing to make a trip soon.
    I cruise in the left lane while open carrying my Hi Point that I cleaned with WD-40 ten years ago.

Just remember, TANSTAAFL and when SHTF, IANAL and all my posts are IMHO, IIRC, and AFAIK; YMMV.

a few places around here sell pure gas, 1 place has both & gets around 10 cent more a gallon for the pure gas.

as said it is bad for engines, unless designed for them, plus it hurts gas mileage. the automobile manufactures need to rate cars by the gas we are nearly forced to buy & meet the EPA rules with the ethanol in the gas.

also since the EPA gets into our lives to even control our lawnmowers, weedeaters, I cant even buy a tool to repair as place risks a $10,000 fine to sell me a tool to adjust the carb, as manufactures have changed them & use odd tools to adjust.

the EPA needs to start regulating the aircraft industry, but wait thats big business, & money, so they go after small users.

Randy

Yeah, there are more then fuel companies making money on this stuff. But if youre buying gas in charlotte, its got ethanol in it. You see ethanol is making money for the politicians, fuel companies, farmers, politicians, service shops, car dealers, politicians and etc. So until you get the politicians hands out of the cookie jar, ethanol will continue to exist.

Not to mention IndyCar and Nascar getting involved. IndyCar started pushing ethanol several years ago and was doing tv commercials pushing the idea of subsidizing midwestern farmers to produce the crops for it. Absolutely disgusting is the only thing that I can say about putting food in a gas tank. Now Nascar is jumping on the bandwagon. Pathetic.

I don't know what monkey math is being fed to those who agree to go along with it or think it's good for us. I did the numbers a while back when I bought a FlexFuel vehicle (by coincidence, not because I wanted that motor)...back when gas was approaching $4 or $5, thinking I could save some money by using Ethanol. Nope. The lower mileage resulted in needing to buy more of the corn liquor, thus, making me spend MORE than I would on gas to get the same distance out of a tank.

The stories Gtownwrench could tell you about car problems he's seen related to ethanol will scare the crap out of you.

Thank God other people are getting on board with this. I rant and rave about the idiocy of ethanol all the time- mainly because my family is in the meat processing industry and the ethanol industry is the number one reason we are struggling.

On another note- I think its funny that there is not a single gas station on that list in Greensboro. I cannot wait to get out of this liberal hellhole...

Quote Originally Posted by gridlockh8 View Post
    ...On another note- I think its funny that there is not a single gas station on that list in Greensboro. I cannot wait to get out of this liberal hellhole...
    While I don't doubt that more urbanized areas will have less of the enthanol-free gas, remember too that the list is far from all inclusive since it's made seemingly entirely from users. So it's doubtful that your entire region has been canvased for all gas stations. Don't give up yet...find one and post it!

Just saw this interesting (said tongue-in-cheek) bit at http://www.fuel-testers.com/state_gu...anol_laws.html about NC:

North Carolina - NC (House Bill 187 passed in 2011 now requires labeling but "not enforced".)

Not Subscribed Senior Member
    I saw something on the news a week or so ago about converting the Tobacco Research Center in Oxford to a Alternate Fuel Research center. Looks like NC is gonna get a horse dose of inferior motor fuel. When all vehicles (except official government vehicles, of course) are finally forced off the roads, I guess we will all be paying a road tax on our shoes.

Not Subscribed Pistoleer
    I had to put a new carb on my chainsaw after only 2 years due to ethanol, it hardened the rubber diaphragm in the carb and it wouldn't even run.

So far it's only affected small engine and 2 stroke stuff for me, it seems most lawn mowers and my motorcycle don't have anything in the carbs which the ethanol affects, except maybe fuel lines.

My cavalier gets nearly 35 mpg running E10, so it doesn't seem to affect my mileage that much, this car was never rated that high for highway mpg.

But it does most certainly cause gas to go bad much quicker, i've noticed that in the stuff that doesn't get run very often. It takes less than 6 months for it to be bad enough something will barely run where as before it seems like year old gas actually ran ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
    While I don't doubt that more urbanized areas will have less of the enthanol-free gas, remember too that the list is far from all inclusive since it's made seemingly entirely from users. So it's doubtful that your entire region has been canvased for all gas stations. Don't give up yet...find one and post it!
    Didn't think about that. If I find one around here, I will definitely post it.

The theory for ethanol is that you replace a nonrenewable source with a renewable one. Trying to "prolong" the crude oil. As with anything the government touches, there are unforeseen consequences.

If you want ethanol free, go to the dock or narina and look for marine grade.

Cool............ I added several more to the map.

Switched over all of my small engine fuel requirements over to non-ethanol last year after having to repair generators, tillers, mowers, four-wheelers, weed-trimmers, etc.

No fuel related issues after the switch.

"Those of us who work for a living are growing very weary of those who vote for a living."
    Post #47 by 1911gobang on 6/20/13 here: http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...=1#post1175756

I took Boy #1 to Charlotte Motor Speedway today since we heard cars running. They had the grandstands all locked up due to the Christmas lights display, so I asked if there was another way in. The tour lady said to go around to gate 26 and tell them I'm interested in the driving school...so we did. Lots of people there for the school, so it was easy to sneak right in and not raise any eyebrows.

Anyway, we're sitting there watch the cars go round and come back in...there's a car there from Pat Rogers Harley-Davidson and presumably Pat Rogers himself (acting his best to be the nobody superstar he thought he was) driving the car. I guess if you own a car and know the right people, they'll let you go around the track playing...doing much faster than the driving school cars. To tie this in to the discussion here: the place where you fuel up his car had a nice looking lime green sticker circles around it with "American Ethanol" written inside it...just like this one: