Thread: case lube alternative

case lube alternative

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Ive got everything to load except case lube. My supplier is out. Anyone use something else? Really wanted to load this weekend.

Check out this link. Look for the case lube section. Old timey pharmacy is your best bet.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm

google "homemade case lube"

Seems some people also like wire pulling lubricant.

Have fun.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Anhydrous lanolin at the drug store is as good as any lube or if the brass is not too stiff or oversize regular ole Vaseline petroleum jelly can be used in a pinch but be warned once you start sizing a piece of brass it is hard to stop and get it out if it sticks; sometimes it is better to wait.

Found some rcbs locally. Great price too.

Not Subscribed Senior Member
    Draggs: is the RCBS the stuff in tiny white bottle you put on a pad? If so, pick up a small spray bottle at Walmart...they have them in cosmetics where travel size stuff is...and mix a bit with 99% alchohol and it makes a great spray on case lube. Don't know the formula, you just start with a little and work up to what feels right. It don't take much. I dump my cases out on a cardboard lid, spray, jiggle around, let dry and have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by draggsxr1000 View Post
    Ive got everything to load except case lube. My supplier is out. Anyone use something else? Really wanted to load this weekend.
    What caliber will you be loading?

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Draggs: is the RCBS the stuff in tiny white bottle you put on a pad? If so, pick up a small spray bottle at Walmart...they have them in cosmetics where travel size stuff is...and mix a bit with 99% alchohol and it makes a great spray on case lube. Don't know the formula, you just start with a little and work up to what feels right. It don't take much. I dump my cases out on a cardboard lid, spray, jiggle around, let dry and have at it.
    The RCBS case lube is WATER based......

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Boat View Post
    The RCBS case lube is WATER based......
    And they are both polar solvents, so it is miscible. You certainly wouldn't want to cut it with water.

STP oil treatment, works.
    Nuff said,
    warren

Quote Originally Posted by draggsxr1000 View Post

Yellow 77 Traditional wax formula , wire pulling lube .

God bless Wyr

Not Subscribed New Member
    quaker state 5w-30....extremely light and clean the casing very well when finished

Not Subscribed Senior Member
    The best substitute case lube I've tried is Kiwi "Mink Oil" boot treatment from the shoe polish section of any 'Mart store. If it's not identical to Imperial Die Wax it's really close and works just as well. Cheaper too.