Thread: Anyone bought a discount glock on the first responder deal?

Anyone bought a discount glock on the first responder deal?

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    I have been hearing about these deals where Glock sells a discounted models to first responders. Law enforcement, Fire department, EMT's can get the discount on a letterhead. I understand how a LEO could get the discount but how do EMT's and firemen get it being that they don't carry a gun on the job.

Glock made a list of FIRST RESPONDERS they extended the deal to. The stipulation was never that they carry a gun on duty, it was simply a show of appreciation for being FIRST RESPONDERS.

Glock offers it through their HEROS program. I assume it's an adjunct of the individual officer purchase program, as the guns available are earmarked with the "Blue Label" law enforcement serial numbers.

http://shooterssupply.org/glockheroprogram.asp

This website gives a basic overview of the program requirements. A quick google search did not offer an official Glock webpage for the program, but those are the terms of the deal. It just requires a little extra paperwork and a photo ID.

I don't know where you can find a dealer that offers the program on the eastern end of the state. You'll just have to check with your local retailers. Not all Glock dealers have the ability to offer this discount as they are LEO pistols. You'll have to contact your retailer about what they'll individually require.

Not Subscribed Senior Member
    Per the glock website
    Sworn Law Enforcement Officers or Federal Agents, Retired Law Enforcement Officers or Retired Federal Agents with "retired" credentials, Corrections Officers, including Parole & Probation Officers, State licensed Security Companies, State licensed Security Officers, Active Military, National Guard, or Military Reserve personnel - all branches, Legitimately retired military veterans, with “retired” military I.D. Licensed Para- Medics or EMTs, Fire Fighters (including volunteers) with appropriate I.D. All TSA employees, Commercial Pilot License holders, regardless of class & Federal Flight Deck Officers, Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys, LE Academy or College students with proof of enrollment in a Criminal Justice Program.

"or College students with proof of enrollment in a Criminal Justice Program."
    I guess that helps to explain how so many college athletes can afford to buy firearms.

I qualify and happen to be in the market for one.

I wish S&W would do something like this. They have a $50 rebate for active, retired, or disabled military, but I think they should extend a similar deal for emergency services too.

S&W could not only make a lot more sales, but as an American company, it's a great image for publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
    I wish S&W would do something like this. They have a $50 rebate for active, retired, or disabled military, but I think they should extend a similar deal for emergency services too.

S&W could not only make a lot more sales, but as an American company, it's a great image for publicity.
    They used to offer a 40% discount on any of the M&P line to LEO/Mil(Active or retired)

Did they stop?
    Randy

E Tan E Epi Tas

Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post

You can take advantage of this deal at Lawmens in Raleigh. $398 for Glock or M&P or $40 more for night sights.

Lawmans has a place in charlotte at 77and clanton Rd. They have the Leo discount and they also do the GSSF discount. Same thing as the Raleigh store. Last time I was in they had LEO turn ins G22 $349.

does the lawmens s&w deal apply to firmen too like the glock deal? Ive got a G23 I want to get rid of and get a MP40c. also I have bought one on the LEO program. Its a nice thing they do for first reponders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zbizzle911 View Post
    does the lawmens s&w deal apply to firmen too like the glock deal? Ive got a G23 I want to get rid of and get a MP40c. also I have bought one on the LEO program. Its a nice thing they do for first reponders.
    The copy and pasted portion above says fire/ems so I guess your good. Good luck with getting rid of a Glock. As soon as you sell it you'll want it back.

Not Subscribed New Member
    Timberlake, North Carolina, United States
    You can also get LE Glocks at Powers Firearms in Greensboro, NC at 2304 Jane Street

SC residents can go to Lawman's in Columbia, just down the road from the SCCJA for the LE Glocks.
    3rd gen G27 carried whenever I am awake 3rd gen G22 carried with it whenever I am on duty...love my Glocks!

“The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.” -- Cicero , 55 B.C.