Thread: 1911 Beavertail grip Safety (Help)

1911 Beavertail grip Safety (Help)

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    My carry gun is a Colt/Talo New Agent in 9mm. I am wanting to change out the grip safety and would like to know if anyone knows a builder in the Gboro area that would stock such items. I have looked into ordering it myself but the info refers to frame modifications and Im not a gunsmith. Brand of beavertail doesnt matter as long as it is quality stuff. Thanks Keith
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Not Subscribed Pistoleer Classified Feedback: 1
    Check Brownells for a Wilson drop-in. No frame grinding required.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Tuner View Post
    Check Brownells for a Wilson drop-in. No frame grinding required.
    Tuner, did Colt not cut some of the carry guns for a beavertail? His looks rounded.
    I know that we had a few that we ordered some Colt beavertails that were fitted drop in on some newer guns. All I remember was it was some of the CC guns.
    Just a thought.

They did, but those were cut for beaver tail safeties...not the new trend in upswept "Ducktail" safeties.

Yeah, I know. Everybody calls'em beaver tails...but go take a look at a beaver, and then look at a duck...and think about it. *grin*

Tuner is this something that we could get together on and you do the replacement for me?

Keith

The Wilson drop-in...sure. May require minor a tweak here and there...or not. I don't have the jig to cut the frame tang for a fitted ducktail and I ain't got the time to do it by hand.