I'm posting this for a friend of mine. He does a great class and it's always lots of fun.

NC Concealed Carry Certificate of Completion holders, the dayto sign up is finally here for the Advanced Concealed Carry Class I have been promising to teach.

Semi Auto Shooters

I will be holding an Advanced Concealed Carry Handgun Class on June 1, 2012. This is on a Friday evening from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. This class will consist of firing approximately 140 rounds of ammunition from point blank range to a distance of 15 yards. It will involve shoot and move techniques and you will be firing in low light conditions.

There is a class limit of only 10 students for this class due to the amount of range time.
The costs for this advanced training is $50.00 per student. The first 10 students to make payment will be enrolled in the class. All students in this class must have previously completed a concealed carry handgun safety class. All students taking this class must fire a semi-automatic handgun and have at least 2 magazines for the handgun you will be using in the class.

Bring handgun, 150 rounds of ammunition, safety glasses, hearing protection and ball cap.

Dress for the weather, we will go over handgun safety issues as a refresher, range rules, about 45 minutes of classroom for the lesson and then about 3 hours of range time. This will be a fast paced class for the shooter to think about issues we may not have considered due to time restrictions in the concealed carry class.

I also have a NC Concealed Carry Handgun Safety Class scheduled for Tuesday May 22, 2012 and another one day class scheduled for June 16, 2012. Make sure your payment is made at least 5 days before the class date to ensure your fee is $55.00!

I am a "Specialized Firearms Instructor" for the State of N.C. This certifies me to teach law enforcement training, for both in-service officers and for BLET or Rookie school classes for cadets. I teach firearms for area law enforcement officers in Davie, Forsyth, Davidson and Rowan counties, and I teach Firearms and Taser training for the Davidson County Community College on a part time basis for area law enforcement officers. I also teach the N.C. Hunters Safety Education class for the N.C. Wildlife Resource Commission. I also teach the N.C. Concealed Carry Handgun classes for the public.

Please feel free to pass this around to others interested. You know word of mouth is the best advertisement. If you are interested in my next concealed carry handgun class or know anyone who is, please see below for additional information. I will hold a NC Concealed Carry Handgun Safety Class on Tuesday, May 22, 2012, from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Cost will be $55.00 if payment is received by me on or before May 17, 2012. Payments after May 17, 2012 are $65.00. In reference to the North Carolina Concealed Carry Handgun Course, this class is for all North Carolina citizens or people who will soon be a North Carolina citizen and wish to obtain a North Carolina Concealed Carry Permit and are age 18 and older. In North Carolina you are not allowed to carry a handgun until you reach the age of 18, except in certain situations under current law. You must be 21 years old to obtain the Concealed Carry Permit. You may attend and complete the training and there is no minimum age required by North Carolina law, however, you are not eligible to purchase, apply or obtain the Concealed Carry Handgun Permit until after you reach the age of 21. Also, I will not allow anyone under the age of 18 to attend this training in a class that I teach.

The training will consist of discussion on the following topics:
1. Legal Issues
2. Handgun Safety
3. Handguns
4. Marksmanship Fundamentals
5. Carrying Concealed Issues
6. Presentation Techniques
7. Cleaning and Maintenance
8. Ammunition and Ballistics
9. Proficiency Drills
You will be allowed to enroll the day of the class if room is available. To successfully complete this course of instruction 100% attendance is required by law. You may not miss any part of the class in order to receive your certificate of completion.
Items you will need for the class include:
Handgun
50 rounds of ammunition for the handgun you will be firing
Billed ball cap.
Hearing protection.
Safety glasses
Directional Draw (Hip) holster and belt used to secure the holster to your waist.
I would like to know if you plan to attend, so please call or email me with your name and information. I will need to reserve the range for a specific amount of time for the number of people for the class.

Send check payable to:
Daniel Matthews 165 Edgewood Circle Mocksville, NC 27028.
I do accept personal checks, however the cost for insufficient funds is $35.00.

The class will be held at:
Davie County Law Enforcement Training Center
370 Dalton Road Mocksville, NC 27028

Directions from the Mocksville Courthouse:
Take Main St. South and turn left onto Lexington Rd. also called U.S. Hwy. 64 East. Travel 3.2 miles and turn right onto Dalton Rd. and travel 0.7 miles and turn right into the Landfill entrance. Drive through the entrance of the chain link fence and turn left at the first driveway on your left. If you have any questions call me after 4:30 p.m. at 336-671-4603(cell). Do not contact me at work about this class. When you arrive for the class leave your guns locked in your vehicle. Do not bring any live ammunition into the building at any time. It is a range rule that there is no live ammunition in the classroom. If needed you can use a friend's gun. The only thing is, you will have to qualify on a different relay or with a separate group of people if you are sharing a handgun with a classmate. Make sure the gun you plan to shoot is in good working order. I will inspect all guns before they are allowed to be fired and prior to them going inside of the building. Do not bring the guns in the building until I ask you to do so. I will ask you to retrieve your handgun from your vehicle and allow me to inspect your gun around 11:00 a.m. We will take a 1 hour lunch break around 12:00 noon. You are welcome to leave and get lunch or bring a lunch and eat at the Training Center. In the case of inclement weather we can re-schedule the range portion for a later date. If the weather is good we will break off in small groups from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. if we can catch a few breaks in the weather to qualify in groups of 5 or 6 people and finish the entire class by around 6:00 p.m. If you are not on the range you will be reviewing the material for training exercises and legal issues in the classroom.

Thank you,

For a look at our NC laws, view the website below and click on laws.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/About-DOJ/Law-E...ciprocity.aspx

Do you know what you can legally do in this scenarioro? Watch the below video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...IKeyTvakA&NR=1

Daniel T. Matthews, Deputy Chief
Mocksville Police Department
165 Edgewood Circle
Mocksville, NC 27028
Cell: 336-671-4603