Thread: Removing dust cover from Norinco SKS

Removing dust cover from Norinco SKS

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    So I just attempted to remove the dust cover from my Chinese SKS and can't get the the pin out. I rotated it up and jiggled it in every conceivable position while pushing down on the back of the cover, but the pin won't budge. Anyone have any advice/suggestions? Thanks.
    Kahr CM9, Glock 22, Glock 23, S&W SW40VE, S&W SD9VE, EAA .357 mag., Del Ton Echo 316 AR15

** Mopar or No Car**- '73 'Cuda Pro Street, 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi

With the pin up, give it a few pecks with a punch.

Thanks. Actually, I tried that but was afraid to put a lot of torque on it. I do have a scope on it, so don't know if that would make any difference?
    Kahr CM9, Glock 22, Glock 23, S&W SW40VE, S&W SD9VE, EAA .357 mag., Del Ton Echo 316 AR15

Is it an aftermarket railed cover by chance?

The reason I ask, is because most aftermarket receiver covers require fitting, and need to fit TIGHT to hold zero and keep from wobbling.

I use a small brass hammer and 5/32 punch to push my pin out, and use the mallet side to drive the pin back in.

The railed cover was on when I bought it. I just tried punching it out, but seems to be hung up and I really don't want to damage anything. Think I'll sleep on it. Thanks for the help.

I heard that man. It can be scary getting into something that someone else has worked on before, for sure.

Best of luck to you pal, I hope it turns out ok for you.