Thread: Got Brass?

Got Brass?

Subscribe to Remove Post Ads (Also enjoy site upgrades, unlimited photo storage, 1,000 private messages, and more!)
    Need Brass?

The North Carolina State Surplus Department has eight pallets, yep EIGHT pallets of once spent .40 and 12 gauge brass up for bid.

Here is the link:
    http://www.ncstatesurplus.com/ssp/pu...mepage/ssp.htm

I honestly considered bidding for it but EIGHT pallets? That's a little more than will fit in my garage and the supply would probably outlast me. If it were full rounds, a group buy/bid could have been in order.

Bottom line, someone had a heck of a time shooting up eight pallets of .40 and 12 gauge tax dollars. 8)

Scrap dealer here paying $1.70 a lb.
    So figure that at least.

if it was .45, i could think of a quite a few people on here who would probably split it up with you...

Good Gracious!

You guys will never guess what this lot went for.

8 PALLETS OF SPENT BRASS AMO CASINGS (3 PALLETS ARE SHOTGUN AND 5 ARE 40 CAL)

The bid was awarded yesterday to the lucky winner for the sum of $7651.11

Wow, I wonder if he knew they were spent? :lol:

scrap value alone is probably worth more than that

Quote Originally Posted by mekender
    scrap value alone is probably worth more than that
    You think? Maybe so. It was a boat load of brass. When I was thinking about bidding on it with a partner, we thought we saw some .223 boxes mixed in also but the estimate we calculated was about half of $7600.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time we undervalued something at bid.

Man, I still wish it was live ammo. We coulda hosted the first CSF 12 gauge and .40 multi-gun, shoot 'til the barrel melts down, match 8)

At the $1.70 scrap brass rate around here, it would have to be 4,500 Lbs to cover the bid.

yeah id say way more than that weight, considering that the US government surplus auctions will have 3 or 4 bins that will go into the 3-5000lb range... 8 pallets would go way over that mark im sure...

USMCSKI
    I would buy it all if it was 223 and 45acp!!!