AK Builder anywhere in NC ?

Discussion in 'AK47' started by kration44, Dec 28, 2016.

1. kration44

kration44 Registered Member

Is there an AK Builder anywhere in NC ? Have a nice AK-47 kit and a Childers rec I'd like to have built...

Any leads would be most appreciated

Kration
    Kernersville NC

2. estook1

estook1 Registered Member

I'm with you on building an AKM. Got a beautiful AMD 65 kit from Classic and just ordered a receiver from Childers. It's serial numbered and all holes drilled awaiting someone to help with rivets. The Classic kit has a US made barrel headspaced. Tool sets for either using a press or go the Toth Tool method are nearly $400. If we can find more people to split up the price- say $100 apiece we'll do our own build party. Let me know. Thanks. Jamestown, NC here.

3. jtkazanjian

jtkazanjian Registered Member

I have most of the tools.

4. estook1

Where are you located? Press tools?

5. CnRnut

CnRnut Registered Member

Would also like to build at some point if knowledge and tooling is around ,,

6. estook1

It is hard to find tools for a successful AKM build.
    One must investigate the variant. Mine is a Hungarian AMD 65. It's a side folding model. Stamped receiver models are nearly the same tool wise. After beating the bushes for tools to rivet the various areas, money was spent- making me want to do more AK builds.
    Toth Tools are, in my opinion, the best and most controllable. Said bucks were for the barrel removal and and installation tool and trigger guard rivet squish tool (200$ total). I have contacts for the front trunion tool that uses a 24" bolt cutter frame and the rear trunion tool.
    Am glad to help, let me know.

AR's are like Lego builds, order your parts, instant cool rifle. AK's take a plan to build, cool to make your own thing...

7. Lord of War

Lord of War Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

CMP in Dallas? NC builds them for people. Not to be confused with the CMP Armory in AL