Carolina Shooters Forum banner

AK import update

631 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  IUHoosier429 
#1 ·
Rob Ski at the Ak Operators Union posted an update on the outlook for ak imports. In a nutshell there will be more WASRs filtering in but not in large quantities and the prices will be higher.

No Opaps....but Npaps will continue to flow in. No word on pricing.

Arsenal SLR107 will not be imported for now.

#2 ·
Thanks for the update.

I'd encourage folks to get a WASR if and when they can. If you've been on the fence, get off of it. These new production rifles are worlds - hell, galaxies better than their predecessors I had a decade or so ago. And, if you still hate your new WASR for some reason, sell it in a few months for a nice little profit. Or, send me a PM and I might just buy it from you.

The American AK market, while struggling with some natural growing pains (or dying pains ... *ahem* I.Oh boy), is here to stay, for better and for worse. We can't say the same for the imports, unfortunately. I'd humbly suggest getting what you can from eastern Europe, Russia, China, etc., while you can, now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.